You all know how I hate to brag.... but I won the round robin. Gerry was my saving grace. I got off to a slow start, but she started out hot, and finished just about the same. I got everyone on their good holes. My big excitement was I had birdies on 3 of 4 par threes. Two were sooo very close to being hole in ones. One tapped the flag stick and landed about 2 foot away, the other landed about 8 inches away. It was sooo cool. Gerry won low putts on the front 9, then Sheila and I tied for low putts on the back nine. We also tied for total low putts. I made a few dollars more than every one else. One of the best golf day's I've had in ages. I actually shot a 90. Sheila, of course, shot in the low eighties. I can't remember what Gerry and Sue shot, but we all played really well.
After golf, we all snacked and had a few (I had a few while playing) drinks in the Branding Iron, and gabbed. We're all excited about Sheila's mom coming for a visit. LET THE PARTIES BEGIN! The first one is scheduled for the 19th, then it just keeps coming after that. She is a so much fun.
Before school was out, Chloe won a trip to meet the Frisco Rough Riders. They select 5 students from each 5th grade class, and Chloe was one of the lucky ones selected to go. Her teacher does love her, obviously. Anyway, today was the day she got to go. There were only a few people there from her school, but lots from other schools. They were allowed to take their family, so she took her Dad, Morgan, and Gary. They got autographed hats, food, pitching lessons, batting lessons, all kinds of attention from the Rough Riders. Here are a few pictures...
After Chloe got back from the ball park, she came over and cleaned my house. She's earning money for her iPhone. The data package is $30 a month, plus taxes. Currently, the housekeepers only come every two weeks. (I was trying to get a new lady to come every week, but that fell thru cause she's too busy.) Chloe is going to clean the weeks they don't come. She did a fairly good job. It's almost as good as they do.
That's it for this post. I need to post a bumper sticker..... then I'm off to bed








No comments:
Post a Comment