Friday, June 25, 2010

WICKED TWILIGHT BUTT THURSDAY


Yup, the post title pretty much says it all. I'll explain....

The Butt part is because I had to have my colonoscopy first thing Thursday morning. It went by really well. Angie, bless her heart, took care of everything. Drove me there, waited during the process, drove me shopping immediately afterwards, then to lunch, then home. I came home and took a brief nap so I'd be ready for the WICKED part. While I was doing that, she took care of the TWILIGHT part.

What is that, you may ask? See for yourself....

Yes, she surprised Chloe by taking her to Allen to PERSONALLY see the red truck that Bella drove in the movie Twilight. Chloe was sooooo happy. You can't tell by looking at it, but it's not really rusted. It is special paint that makes it look that wasy. That truck is pristine. The best part? See for yourself....




YES!!!! She actually got to see it, touch it, and get inside it so Angie could take her picture. What more could an 11 year old want? Not much, well that day anyway. Chloe is the world's number one TWILIGHT fan.

Moving on to the wicked part...... Sue arrived at my house around 4:50, and Sheila picked the two of us up at 5pm. She drove us to Knox-Henderson area for dinner at the Porch Restaurant. They have "down home" food, and "uptown" cocktails. That is definitely a good way to describe it. Margie met us there, so it was Margie, Sue, Sheila, Joyce, Gerry and me. I couldn't drink (due to procedure that morning), so I sipped iced-tea. Joyce, Gerry and Margie all had a coctail, called a Black and Blue Martini. It was blackberried, blueberries, lime, vodka, mint, and Elderberry liquor. It was delicious (I had a wee sip of Gerry's), but deadly. It didn't taste at all like it had any alcohol in it. Most of the ladies got stripped bass, Gerry got Salmon, and I had their fresh made Pasta Aguotti, made with mushrooms, salsa, crab.... a zillion other things. It was the best of all of them, if you ask me. The salmon was a close second. Oh, as an app, we had brisket sliders, with coleslaw and horseradish pickles. Yummo.


After stuffing our faces, we headed off to the musical WICKED. It was a wee bit long during the first act, but what a show. I've never seen such a great stage set. The lights and fog..... it was all just breath taking. I'd love to see it again, but at $90 a pop, I can't afford it. It is honestly one of the best, no make that THE BEST show I've ever seen.

I found a guys wallet and turned it in, only to find out it belonged to the guy sitting by Gerry. He was elated that I'd found it and turned it in, money and all. Then as we were leaving, Gerry and I found a scarf that the lady in front of Sue had left.

That was my excitement. Today, I went to the golf course to get everything started for my couples tournament. Chloe is here cleaning my house. She bought herself a new FROG case for her iPhone, and she needs to work her debt off. We're getting ready for the new house cleaner that starts on Monday.


Sheila and Gerry are both supposed to get me pix to post. I'll do that as soon as I can.

For those of you that read my blog..... I am not a racist.... I just don't like Barrack or Michele Obama.... hence...... here you go....

No comments: