Friday, June 18, 2010

Here it is Friday, already. Time sure does go by fast.



Wednesday, Sheila, Gary T and I played Tennyson Park with the Telco. Started out okay. The course marshall made Gary and I mad. We exchanged a couple of words when he accused us of jumping in front of people on the tee box. We told him how the cow ate the cabbage, and continued to play golf. I got too hot, and sat out the last 3 or 4 holes. We then met up for the last 9 holes with the AT&T group. Again, we started out okay, but they brought people out and made us give up the tee box on hole number 2 to a few golfers. We complained again. Next time I talked with them, it was because those same three golfers took 30 minutes to complete that one hole. We argued with them some more, and they sent out a different marshall who moved them and another two-some that cut in front of us to a few holes ahead. Guess Sheila really adapts to super slow play.... here is what Randy wrote in our newsletter...



Sheila Coles beat several people for 2nd low net with her 42/net 35 by eagling the hardest hole on the course...well done Sheila!! She also won one of the six skins with a net double eagle on that hole.



Randy is such a kiss up to Sheila, it makes me want to puke. No, seriously, it was one perfect hole. That, by the way, was Sheila's first eagle. She missed the double eagle by maybe 3 feet. We were all so excited. I again got too hot, and sat out about half the holes. Gary T played great by himself in the partners competition..... last place. Sorry Gary.



Thursday, she worked and waited for Joyce to get in, and the rest of us played golf with the ladies at Firewheel. I played nine holes, and again got too hot so I quit. Just not worth it in this heat. I unloaded and sat for a few minutes talking to Lonnie (Don's Dad) and Tim (Don's bro). My phone rang, and it was Angie. She wanted to know if I'd come home early and take care of Chloe while she ran Morgan to the ER. Morgan had fallen the day before, and hurt her knee. She got up on Thursday, and it was really swollen. Ended up being fluid on the kneecap. She is sooooo proud of her crutches.

I still felt yucky at dinner time, so Angie offered to cook. She bought all the fixings for grilled hot dogs and burgers. Gary made her make the patties smaller before he would grill them, said they were too big. Anyway, they ended up filling only the middle of the buns, but they were delicious. He said it must have been too much fat in the meat, cause mine never turn out that way. Well.. DUH. HULLO! I make mine bigger than the bun cause they shrink. At least Angie knows not to argue with him, he knows everything about cooking... just ask him. Course, all he ever does in breakfast which he's great at, and grilling what ever I send out.

I took a golf lesson today. Just hope I don't get as sore as I did on the last one. Tomorrow, Gary, Carlos and I play in a tournament. Sheila isn't playing this weekend, cause she felt it wouldn't be right to invite everyone over for a party then leave all the pre-work to her Mum and Mark. I don't get the problem, but I guess it's a Canadian thing. I consider it sort of like the last Super Bowl. My house was too dirty, so I had it at Sheila's house. That's the one where we surprised them when they got home to a house full of party people.

That's it for today. I'm going to take lots of pix at the party. I'm looking forward to seeing Joyce.

No bumper sticker, cause I'm on Gary's PC.

No comments: