After that, we headed home. We went about 60 miles and decided to take route 66 and eat at the Rock Cafe. It burned down last year, but they've rebuilt it using the original rock walls. It's a legend, even before the movie "Cars". The rocks used in the walls were originally from the creation of the original route 66 highway.
They have special walls so you can write graffiti without worrying about getting caught.
Back on the regular drive home. Morgan and I snoozed, and my angel Angela drove. Have I told you she spoils me? The AC wasn't working correctly, so I made an appointment for first thing Tuesday morning. We got home, and Gary had been working on the fence. As a refresher, here's a picture of it from last year. Remember, he's been working on it all this time.Here is what it looked like when we got home.
He claims "he" rearranged the furniture in the family room, shampooed carpets, and vacuumed the entire house. I will say right now, the way the family room is, it looks more like a woman did it. It was just too cozy for a man to have done it. Oh, he also did the living room, but it looks terrible, so I do believe he did that room. Like I told my sister Janice.... he must be having an affair. She came over and redid my furniture. I also told her.... hey it's worth it. I just want her to clean the entire house. I think that's what he did when he wasn't working on the fence. See why I wonder about the affair?
Anyway, took the car in Tuesday, and it cost $150 to clear the clogged drain. I complained because I had to do the same thing last year. They said I need to start parking it in the garage. I do that already. My service manager suggested that when I play golf I should park away from the trees and cottonwood trees. He's funny, but the clogged drain wasn't.
Chloe graduated from 5th grade last night. Yeah, we made a big todo out of it. Gary got her an orange rose corsage to match her dress. I got her an orange teddy bear with a miniature orange corsage to match the one Gary got her. She was excited. We also gave her a card with money. I know, it seems like a lot over nothing, but Gary does spoil the grand kids. I would rather make a big todo out of school achievements than fritter it away like Gary does. We came back to our house after her program, and had pizza and a cookie cake.
Chloe was in the entertainment program.Chloe and Eric posing with Chloe's President Obama award for straight A's for the year.
Here is our camera person's version of a family photo. At least Gary and I got 1/2 a face in the pix... poor Eric was cut out completely. Oh, did I mention Morgan was the camera person for this pix?
In a previous post I told how I had to borrow a putter, and I had to leave my license as a deposit. I was drinking, but not drunk, by any means. Anyway, I didn't remember getting it, but when I called they said it wasn't there. So.... today after the orthodontist trip with Chloe and breakfast at Taco Bueno, I went to get my license. After waiting in line for about 45 minutes, I found out that they can't just do it... I have to prove who I am. I went home, got my passport and returned. 4 hours after I started, I finally had a paper temporary license to use till I get my new one.
Came home, and Gary was working on the fence again. He did dig about 6 fence post holes. They're about 2 1/2 feet deep. He also managed to dig up one flower bed, hall in mulch, open a zillion bags of mulch that are now sitting on the deck, and he worked with a neighbor on his lawn. Same old thing.......
Morgan came over at 5 and announced that Gary needed to buy her a hermit crab. Off they went. She stayed for supper, and finally left around 8pm, crab in hand. Carlos called me a little later to tell me he had my license. He got it from Max, or some else, he couldn't remember. They had been given it by the golf course to give to me. Talk about being pissed. First of all, I called them and they knew nothing about it, and would call if they found it. Then instead of calling, they give it to a guy who says he knows me. Guess they just kept asking until someone knew me. I cannot figure it out. Tomorrow, I'm calling the course and asking for a refund of the $11 I spent getting it replaced. Maybe I'll settle for a free round of golf. Just my luck! Wasted a whole day for nothing.
That's about all the excitement I have had. I'm posting just a few pix from the Okla trip. I still can't find the camera. Dad may have it.....
This is at Frank's house.
Elizabeth (Carl's wife), Carl in the black hat, and my cousin MaryCarl and Dad. Carl with his Marine/Army Card and Dad with his Tennessee Squire Card waiting on people to walk by so they could tell their stories.
Jim Adams 50th Birthday celebration. 2 cakes, 36 slices each.... just enough for everyone.
Jim came from California for the reunion, and Carl and Elizabeth came from Washington state.
That's it for now. I'm off to bed...... I'll search for the camera tomorrow.








No comments:
Post a Comment