Wow….what a day. Angela and I survived the Provine Reunion. Angela says she’s never seen so many weird people in one place at one time. I thought it was a hoot. There was my Dad, carrying his Tennessee Squire card, and his brother Carl with his Marine/Army card. They sat next to each other, both suffering from dementia, waiting on people to pass by so they could tell their stories. Believe it or not, those two were the star of the party. They’re the two remaining men in the Charles and Edith Provine family. My big expenditure? Buying dry clothes for the girls from Dollar General.... their only clothing store. Big town... no?
Angie talked to my 84 year old Aunt Evie, and yesterday she said she’d call my uncles to tell them about dinner tonight at my step-Dad’s house. We called her on the way home from the Provine reunion, and she had forgotten to call them, but all her sons and their wives were coming. GASP! I’d prepared enough for us, but didn’t have enough for 12 additional people. Then, I called my uncles and only one could come. It was going to be tight cause Carl and his wife decided to come also. We get home, I dropped Angie ant the girls off, and I’m off to Walmart to buy more food to cook. See, last night I stayed up and cooked everything.
I was still cooking when the gang started arriving. I successfully completed cooking for 30 people at 5:55 pm. Really good timing since I’d told everyone 6pm. Aunt Evie arrived, and no, none her boys were with her. She forgot. Oh well, a great meal anyway. Everyone especially loved taking home tons of left overs. Frank called while everyone was here, and I told him about my big party. He just laughed and hoped we all had a good time. HIS great grandson was here and broke a couple of things, but I can’t take responsibility for that. I didn’t bother to tell Frank. They’ll tell him when he gets home.
Angie is in the bedroom hiding screaming for valium. She doesn’t know which she dislikes most…… All the weird people she saw today, or the severe weather. We’re under severe weather alerts, and she’s afraid of tornadoes. They didn’t say anything about tornados, but they did mention golf ball size hail. I need to go calm her down before she scares the girls. If it’s not too bad later…. I’ll go to McD’s and post this.
Later…. And remember….. Family is Everything! Honest
Update – So much for calming Angie down. The weather got really bad. I too needed calming down. There was some type of explosion sound…. The loudest I’ve ever heard. Woke Dad up….. don’t know what it was, but we lost power for a while. Never got to McD’s….. but I drove down this morning to get breakfast for Dad and me. Angie is making chocolate chip pancakes for the girls. We’re off and running. I’ll be sooooo glad to get home.
Monday, May 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment