Wednesday, May 12, 2010

VIVA LAS VEGAS

I got up this morning at 4am, showered, then headed to the airport, with only one stop at McD's for coffee. The flight was great to San Antonio. During the stop over, a guy that is about 6'4" and weighs about 300 lbs, decided to sit next to me. I spent the flight from San Antonio to Vegas leaning to the right, cause his shoulders were so wide I couldn't sit up straight because his arm was taking up the left half of my seat. We chatted, and he and 15 other guys that are the Mavericks Male Dancers were headed to Vegas to do another audition for America Has Talent. They passed their first audition in Dallas, and will be here thru Sunday. They range in age from 22 to 56, are a variety of black and white, tall, one is a midget, they're firemen, accountants, etc. Quite rowdy too. They all started drinking bloody Mary's as soon as the plane left Dallas.



Got here, and off we went. We went shopping and then went to a new place that is south of town. It's called South Point, and they have a rather large casion. I played slots, and Mel and Sheila played craps. We stayed there for several hours, and then at 6 we went to Paris. We made dinner reservations for 8 then headed off to play some more. I again played slots. Lost most of my budgeted money. We had a great dinner then we went to the Flamingo Casino. I recouped some of my money, but still lost in the long run.

Tomorrow, I'm going to take a crap class at 10:30. It's now 12:46 am, and we three are back in our room safely. We had a lot of laughs. Mel understands my sense of humor, and she takes my jokes pretty well. Sheila is used to me. She just ignores me. By the way. My entire alcohol for today was one glass of wine with dinner. Hopefully, tomorrow I'll have some pictures to post.

Later.......

No comments: