Thursday, May 6, 2010

Another Boring Evening

Sheila, Gary T, Carlos and I all played in the Telco league last night. Sheila, Gary and I played 9 holes before anyone else arrived. Sheila beat the socks off of Gary and I. Her putting was no problem, except maybe one hole. I had one friggin blow up hole. Two water balls on one hole!
When we played with the league, I think I beat the other three. Gary and I shot well together, so I'm hoping we won the team pot.
Today, I worked on a project of Don's, and some last minute Pro Tournament problems. Had to take Dad to the dentist this morning. He's got to have one tooth pulled. Not worth saving, due to the fact that it's a HUGE cavity beneath the gum line. It's at the very back, so a bridge or anything else is out. I have to take him to an oral surgeon, but told the dentist that I'd wait until AFTER Vegas, cause there's always a chance he'd have trouble with the procedure. I do NOT want to miss my Vegas trip this year.
Managed to get my hair cut, went to the grocery store and came home to a daughter and two grand kids wanting to eat at my house. I had already started a huge pot roast, so it was just a matter of fixing mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, salad, corn and hot rolls. I got about ready to mash the potatoes, and someone started beating on the front door. I thought it was my son-in-law, so I just yelled "come in". No response, just more knocking, so I said "don't come in, I don't care.... I'm busy". More knocking, so I went to the door. It was a cute little girl almost crying...
She and her boyfriend (my neighbor's son) had seen Dad fall in the flower bed. He had decided to take Stella to the park, and instead of going down the driveway, he decided to take a short cut thru the flower bed. Yup..... he fell, tried to break his fall by grabbing a really heavy water fountain, and everything went down. Him, the fountain, and the dog. He cut both forearms and his right hand. YUCK! Off we went to the ER.

We were in the ER for a while before they got the bleeding to stop. His skin is so thin, they couldn't do stitches. The x-rayed everything to make sure nothing was broken. I went to the waiting room while they got him all glued and steri-stripped up. I got tired of waiting. Went back to his room, and there he was bleeding again. He'd soaked thru all the bandages and was all alone. He was really scared cause blood was dripping off the bandage all over the bed and floor.

It took two nurses applying pressure to get the blood to stop. We got home about 9:30. Dad was starving, so I nuked him some of the left overs. He went to bed, exhausted.
Well, that's all the excitement for now. I'm just hoping it doesn't start up again in the middle of the night. I've got an 8:00 am golf lesson. THAT, I'm looking forward to.
Later, and here's your bumper sticker....

No comments: