Finally, I'm back on Dallas time. It's 12:40 am and I'm about ready to go to bed. Decided I've put off doing anything productive long enough. We all lost money in Vegas. Not one of us could win the last couple of days. I started my Friday in Vegas drinking champagne with some New York City people I met. I mean, it was 8:30 Vegas time, but that's like 10:30 Dallas time. I figured what they hey.
We had a blast. They had to leave at 11:30, but managed to hang around and we started drinking Corona beer. They finally left around 1pm. Sheila and I managed to drink all their left over Corona's. Mell came down and we all enjoyed the sun. Then we went out to eat. I sort of lost track of time, but we did go see Rita Rudner one night. That was great fun. I think it was Thursday nite, but I wouldn't swear on it. I do know that Friday nite we all lost money. We even took a cab down to the Old Strip and continued to lose there.One funny thing. I was completely stone sober (believe it or not). We three got in the cab to go to 4 Queens, and Sheila and I were in the back. The cabbie started going about 90 miles. Sheila and I immediately put on our seat belts. Mel was in the front seat asking the cabbie to look at a new building so he could tell her what it was going to be. Sheila leaned over and whispered to me that maybe Mel shouldn't be trying to distract him. Sheila and I started praying.....
We did arrive safely, but in my haste to get buckled in, I looped the belt thru my purse strap. I got warm on the way, so I took of my seat belt, then my sweater, then buckled up again. We got there and Mel paid for the cab. She and Sheila got out, and I couldn't get out of the seat belt. I was tangled in the sweater, the 2 purse straps, and the more I tried to free everything, the worse it got. Those two bozo's started laughing and walking off. The cabbie asked me to get out, and I had to ask him to get me out of the belt. I was just a tad embarassed.
Anyway, Saturday I got up and headed for the airport. I checked in, got lunch/breakfast, and then checked my money. I still had about $200 dollars, so I played slots until I left. That was another loser idea. But hey, I wasn't bored.
My flight was good, I got home no trouble. Same for Sheila. Mel stayed thru Sunday cause it was cheaper. For me, considering the gambling I'd have done, there is NO way it would be cheaper. Mel was just going home for one day, then off to Calgary to work. Dang.... I'm so lucky. I hope she has a better time of adjusting to her time zone than I did. I can finally get to bed around 1am and still get up early. Just like I like it.
Dad's arm is doing better. I took him to physical therapy Tuesday. The therapist also said it's looking a lot better. Due to scheduling issues, we don't go to the doctor until next Tuesday. He still has to do exercises, and is trying to get his full range of motion back.
Sheila and I are supposed to go play with the Telco League tomorrow. I'll go for sure, but Sheila and Mark are once again spending the big bucks on more windows. She isn't sure if they'll be finished up by golf time, but will go if she can.
Later... I MISS BEING IN VEGAS WITH MEL AND SHEILA. Two great ladies to vacation with.

No comments:
Post a Comment