We started out on the first hole, and I shot a crappy 9. It was a par 5, and thank goodness Sheila made a par. The rest of the day went about the same. If one of us had a bad hole, the other one came thru. That's the secret to winning. I did make one birdie, on the Master #1. I ended up with a really good 89, and Sheila, of course, had to out do me with an 86. We had fun, to say the least.
Here are all the big hitters getting warmed up BEFORE the game.
This Birdie is on the approach to the hole I actually birdied. He was my good luck bird.
Sheila is adding up our scores, and that of our competitors.
And the final score is....... DRUM ROLL PLEASE........
74 Gross and 59 Net
Really good, considering there were about 40 teams there.
We each won $130 pro-shop money, and together, we split a $55 team pot. Pretty good for the only two women in the tournament. Of course, our real friends were happy for us, but "the good ole boys" that run the tournament were all grumbling. The team behind us on the net side was a 61. They were the ones complaining the loudest.
Morgan spent the night at her house, but Sunday afternoon we went to see..
AVITAR: THE LAST AIR BENDER in 3D. Can you tell?
Yes, I went hole hog and bought the tickets.... $14 something, then I really went all out and got a large popcorn, one medium drink, and one large drink. That was almost $16. Dang, they really get you on the snacks. It was a good movie, and you can tell it's going to be an ongoing thing. Honestly, Morgan has had DVD's of the same story for years, but it was cartoon characters instead of real life actors. We both enjoyed the movie. Not a flattering picture, but whatever.
Since I devoted so much time to Morgan, today was Chloe day. I picked her up around 10:30 and we headed to the golf course. We only played 9 holes, but dang.... that heat really wears you out quick. The two of us play the scramble format. We both hit, and then go to the best ball and play from there. Same on the putting green. Together, we shot a 44 for the 9 holes, which is pretty good. Chloe made a one putt to save us a stroke on a hole where I putted first and missed. She was so glad she saved our bacon. Course, I heard about it the rest of the round. Wonder where she gets that? Don't say it! We had to take a few pictures of her on her favorite hole. She did tell me that when she played on a team with Sheila, they birdied this hole. Sheila.... remember? It's hole #13, the canyon hole on the Lakes. I couldn't figure out which picture I liked best, so I'm posting both. It's probably because they're all alike.
It looks like Chloe is sunburned, but she doesn't sweat enough to cool off. She frequently over-heats. The kid was supposed to be practicing her OBOE, so she took her lip exerciser (a chop stick that she hold between her lips to build muscles), practiced that, played games on her iPhone, and played golf all at once. Oh yeah.... she also chewed sunflower seeds. Yup, she is very talented. Honestly, she did play very well. She tried on every shot, not once asking to quit cause she was bored. THAT was a first.

Came home and started on a mountain of wash. Gosh, the life I live. That's it for now. No bumper sticker today, I'll have to find some more.








No comments:
Post a Comment