We made a group decision (it took quite a while since every single one of us seems to have an opinion) to go ahead and make the outing since we couldn't get our money back. Hey.... we're all brave hearts. Off we go.
As luck would have it, the skies cleared and the evening turned out beautiful, and cool. Sheila still cannot put full weight on her foot, so I loaned her my Dad's wheelchair. It's not a full wheelchair, it's a transporter chair. That means she cannot operate it herself, she has to have someone push her. Hey, it's all I have. Anyway, for some reason, Gary took control of the pushing portion. Mark and I shared the task of pulling the rolling ice chest. (Hey, we had to have our drinks!) Gary is one smart cookie.... that ice chest is heavy, even when two people are pulling it. The problem is, it was created for drawfs. Mark and I had to hunker down to reach the damned handel if we wanted to keep the back two wheels on the ground. We hiked the half mile or so to the perfect spot in the shaded concert area.
The Arboretum had an outdoor concert by Moving Colors. We bought tickets for that, and we planned to see the Chihuly glass exhibit at the same time. The artist is like 79 years old. He has a patch over one eye, and due to an accident, he can no longer hold the tube to blow glass. However, he has a factory and still supervises all the blowing. He has sold millions of dollars worth of his art. The Dallas exhibit didn't get good reviews by the paper, because his works make the flowers and ground look dull. REALLY! They should ask the people. We all loved it,. My favorite was the boats and water exhibit. You can tell by the number of pictures I took. Wait.... I edited the version you're going to see. Here goes.... hope the music passes the copyright test.
Joyce provided the food, and we all brought various beverages. After we got settled in, we all headed out (Sheila didn't go anywhere..... she's going to make another trip out when she's able to walk) to look at the glass exhibit. We were all impressed. It was truly beautiful. It's hard to imagine that someone can create such beautiful items. Gary and I did a quick cruise, me snapping pictures, then we went back and enjoyed the music. It was really a lot of fun. As the sun set, Gary and I went back out to see the exhibit while it was lighted. Of course, I got more pictures. We then went back and enjoyed the rest of the concert. Gary and I are going to make another trip out there with the grand kids. They will love it. We're going to do it as a photo taking outing. We'll all take cameras of our own and have a contest.
We all headed back to Sheila's house. I think we had another round of drinks. I personally drank two bottles of Prosecco all by myself, well all except one glass Joyce drank. She finished off her own bottle of wine and got thirsty. Hey, that's what friends are for. Sheila was our designated driver assistant. Gary was actually the driver, but he usually only has two beers and he's done. ( He learned long ago that I cannot count. ) She just plays like she's a back seat driver while sitting up front where the action is. We visited for a little while at Sheila's, then came home.
Wednesday, I devoted my entire day to running a friend of mine to the doctor. We went to a chiropractor, then we went by the chemo place (I came home on this one cause it was a 3 hour ordeal), then I took her in for a sonogram, the I picked up Morgan and the three of us went to Sonic for ice cream. It was a long day.
Today, I just stayed home. I washed clothes and did a little housework. Chloe called at 12:30 and told me she had a coupon for a free appetizer at El Fenix. She wanted me to take her to lunch, so of course I did. Mogan didn't want to go, neither did Gary, so it was just the two of us. After lunch, she and Morgan went to a pool party with Angie. Needless to say, tonight we had a light dinner.... a "composed" salad with baked chicken added. Oh, and my home grown tomatoes. It was good.
Tomorrow, I'm going to drive Ted and Marion to the airport since Sheila can't handle it yet. She and Joyce will ride with me. Guess I better get to bed....I need to get up early. later.....

No comments:
Post a Comment