Friday, I got up bright and early and headed for Sheila's house. We loaded up Sheila, Joyce, Ted and Marion, and off we headed for the airport. We left Sheila's house around 8:15, and got Ted and Marion to the airport with no trouble. There was just a short stretch of George Bush Tollway that had a little traffic jam, then it was clear sailing. Well, till we got to the airport. They are still doing construction, which is probably the same as saying they're working on I45 between Houston and Dallas. That's been that way since I was a young girl. Anyway, they got off, and we got home.
I went to PT (physical therapy) at 1, then went to Morgan's last softball game of the season. Chloe had an oboe concert to finish off her week at band camp. Since I hadn't been to a ball game all season, I took the ball game, and everyone else went to the concert. Morgan played catcher. Her favorite position is centerfield, if I remember this weeks favorite position. It changes constantly. She never did pitch while I was there. They lost their match 7 to 3, which knocked them out of the play offs.
Saturday was Shiela's BarBQue party. This time, it was just Us and them. However, we had great fun. Not sure what happened to Carlos. Margie was in Hawaii, and she actually sent Sheila an email from there. We had chicken, hotsauce and chips, salads, brownies (diabetic and regular were offered), and I took some peach-nectarine-mango salsa that went over really well. I actually made the diabetic brownies also, but only Joyce and Sheila ate them. I didn't like them. They used oatmeal instead of flour. Hmmmmm.
Notice it's daylight in the photo above. This is where Joyce and Mark liked it best. Now look at the picture below. Not much has changed, except Connie and Gary, and it's night time. Figure this one out.
It was my job to make Sheila look good. I'm pretty good at that, aren't I? At least she looks happy!
Anyway, we had great fun, and never seem to run out of things to talk about. We got home about 11:30 pm.
Sunday, the doorbell rang bright and early. Chloe came to spend the day, and Angie was taking Morgan to camp in Crockett (that vicinity). She'll be gone all week. Chloe complained all morning long that Sheila and Mark hadn't invited HER to swim. I finally broke down and called and begged them to let us come over. Like once I do that.... do they have a choice: Get this..... they said yes. Off we go. Gary wouldn't join us because it was too hot for him (it finally reached 3 digits on the temperature). He would only go if we adults would stay inside, drink beer, and play cards. Needless to say, Gary stayed home.
Honestly, I really appreciated them letting us swim. I also really, I mean REALLY appreciate the fact that Mark is a kid at heart. He played with Chloe almost as much as Gary would have. While everyone else was playing in the pool, Sheila played lifeguard. She does use a spray bottle of water to cool off, and frequently makes wine runs.
Today, I went to get blood work, did PT, and Chloe spent the night again. Her Mom called today and informed us both that Chloe can stay here all week. Yipee! Shortly after that, Chloe and I went to Michael's. She now has some art work to occupy some of her time. We also made ice cream today. Lemon-agave. It's really good, and you can substitute 1/2 cup of agave for 1 cup of sugar. It really tasted the same. Tomorrow we're making lime. By the way.... it's my Cuisinart Ice Cream Table Top maker. It only makes a quart at a time. It's not that we'll eat it all, but our objective is to make a different flavor every day. Now, do we have sweet ambition or what? We both ate about one dip of the ice cream, and we both decided that it's rather rich. We're going to really dilute the lime ice cream as far as cream goes. We're going to try and make it more of a sorbet. Wish us luck......
Today is also the day Joyce went home. Each time she comes, it seems like it goes faster and faster. Really bad this time, cause Sheila wasn't able to get out much. Oh well, we're all looking forward to January. Well, I am at least. Ted and Marion were a hoot also. Marion and I are going to do arts and crafts next time she's down. Back to our boring life....... BYE Ted, Marion, and Joyce!

No comments:
Post a Comment