Saturday, June 2, 2012

Hello from Seabrook - Kemah

First of all, I don't hear from Gary Trimmier for ages.  Out of the blue, he decided to call me today.  That was great, but only for a moment.  I "think" the reason he called was to tell me that my previous day's post referred toVeteran's Day, when it was really Memorial Day.  I did tell him I basically knew that, but had been thinking of honoring veteran's and had a senior moment.  Other than that, it was nice talking to him.  Nothing new, but I did go back and fix the blog.

Sheila called me yesterday morning, and are you sitting down?  We talked for over an hour.  Yup, Ms. I Hate To Talk On The Phone was a chatty Kathy.  We discussed Joyce's visit, golf, life, food, well, just about everything.  We are both in agreement about one thing...... we do talk!  She actually filled me in on her golf tournament.  It played out about like I said.... very intense golf.  Yup, Story Golf Academy.  I am so going to have to go play the new course.  It is private, but I'm hoping Margie will come thru with someone she knows who can get us on.  I would pay a couple of hundred bucks to play it.  Sheila said they have all the cold beer already on the carts.  Now that's my kind of place.

The bad news... Sheila didn't think she played that well.  The good news..... they came in 3rd place in their flight.  They each one a set of Waterford Wine Glasses.  They each also received a Sun Mountain Golf Bag.  Horseshoe Bay does put on some nice tournaments.  Sheila and I signed up to play in a tournament at DAC in Dallas, which should be about the same caliber.  It costs $310 for a 2 day tournament.  I HOPE it's as nice, cause that's a lot of money. 

Here is a bug that I found on my floor yesterday.  Can anyone identify it?


It is so fuzzy, and does look like what I think a bee would look like, but maybe I haven't seen one up close.  It looked like a huge eye in the middle of it's head, but it already had two someplace else.

Oh well, moving on along.  Today, Angie and the girls and I got up and drove to Houston.  Janice's oldest grandson Austin, graduated from high school.  He made a really good haul..... $1085.  That's pretty good, considering all.  He is planning on doing some serious clothes shopping.  There were a lot of people there, maybe 40.  There were all types of food.  The kids enjoyed swimming, most of the adults were having a beer and talking.  After spending a few hours there, Angie and I went out to eat.  We ate at Joe's Crab Shack in the Kemah Board Walk.  Of course, Angie can't eat, but she did get to watch me eat.  My food was okay.  I don't know if it's the diet, but it just wasn't that exciting.  I felt more guilty than anything.  That's my last cheating meal.  I feel like I've gained 15 pounds.

Angie dropped me off at the hotel, and went to get the girls all by herself.  They came in, both really red eyed.  Janice has a salt water pool now, and it evidently doesn't agree with either of the girls eyes.  Tomorrow we're going to go by Janice's after breakfast, visit for a few hours, then head home. 

If anything exciting happens, I"ll let you know,.

No comments: