Wednesday was movie night. Margie, Joyce, Sheila and I went to see Men in Black 3. That is Joyce's favorite movie. Margie hadn't seen any of the series, and I had only seen the first one. Anyway, it was a good movie. Gerry couldn't make it for the movie, but she did meet us afterwards for dinner.
We all decided on Friday's. While we were talking to the waiter, we mentioned that we couldn't find the Tequila Lime Shrimp on the menu. He informed us it hadn't been there for quite a while. We were talking about the menu, and there was a lady seated near us who listened to us give our order to the waiter. She then came over and discussed that they had removed the shrimp dish we were requesting last April. She offered to make us a similar type of shrimp, she'd take care of paying for it, and she just wanted us to try it. None of us ever turn down a free sample. Off we go, drinking our "skinny 140 calorie margarita", yaking, etc. Out comes our food, along with the free sample shrimp. The shrimp was delicious..... just like we wanted. The lady came over, and told us how to order it, for future reference. Two skewers of shrimp, a little Cajun spice, and tequila lime mix. We're now set for future visits. We had all ordered the firecracker salmon except Margie (she got an appetizer), and it was delicious. After our exciting dinner, we all headed home.
Why are there two pictures? Well, if you look at the bottom picture, Sheila was looking at me, instead of the camera. I asked Angie to fix it. She worked her magic on the top photo. I wasn't sure it looked any better, so I'm posting both. You can just look at whichever one you like the best.
Thursday, I don't think I did anything. I was going to play golf with the FWGA, but it was pouring rain all night and early Thursday morning. Margie dropped by a vest I'd purchased, and mentioned that Sheila had changed her surgery date from Monday to Friday because the surgeon had booked wrong. Wow, so much for the Bar-B-Que party this coming Saturday at Sheila's house.
Friday, I started to call Sheila, but figured she'd be grumpy all day before the surgery, cause you can't eat or drink. Gary and I had just started a bike ride, and Sheila called. She sounded really chipper, and was out of surgery, and already home. Guess this was around 6:15. Talked to her for a second, then Gary and I were finishing our ride. Margie called, and I updated her. I called Sheila a few minutes ago, and she said she's doing fine. She has more pain than she expected, but she has pain pills to help her through it. Joyce is cooking for them, and Sheila was relaxing on the couch. I'm glad she's got it over with. Now she can just work on getting well and getting her life back to normal. Whatever that is.
I have done nothing again today, except I did shampoo the living room carpet. Chloe came over the other day, and took her shoes off at the door, then proceeded to track mud all over the carpet. Whoops.... her feet were dirty, but the bottom of her shoes were not. Oh well, at least Gary did the vacuuming for me. I can do one room without killing my back.
Tonight, he and Eric (my son-in-law) are taking Morgan to see Madagasgar 3 at the iPIC theater. Angie and Chloe are going to the same theater at the same time, but they'll be seeing Snow White, dragon heart, or something like that. I took a pass. Neither sounded that good to me. I'll just stay home and do nothing. I am getting really good at doing nothing. I should go our and play some golf. I'll work on doing that.
Angie is on solid, semi-soft food now. She is still losing weight, of course. Her calorie goal is about 850 calories a day. She doesn't make it most of the time, but she tries. She eats things likes ground turkey, rice, black beans.... pretty much trying to stay away from carbs, and focusing on eating protein. Still, only about 1/4 to 1/3 a cup at any given meal is all she can get down. I am hanging in there with my diet. I would think I'd lose faster than I am, but it's just meant to be. Oh well, I have to be getting more muscular in the thighs, if nothing else.
That's it for now.
Saturday, June 9, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment