The short of the long story, the girls LOVE to play cards.... especially with Mark and Carlos. They love to try and pull the wool over the guys eyes, with respect of whether to trade cards or not. It's a work night, and Carlos lives a LONG way off, so I didn't invite him and Sue to join us. Anyway, it was a special night for the girls.
Chloe got dressed up for the party. Morgan sort of did, she brushed her hair. That's something she doesn't usually volunteer to do. I decided to have a shrimp boil, which I didn't start til Mark and Joyce arrived. While I cooked, Morgan convinced Mark to play Wi Bowling. Final winner? They each won a game.
We girls visited while I took the 30 minutes required to cook.
Gary was running late due to his starting to cut the grass late, so he showered. Finally, we were ready to eat. We had an apple, blue cheese, candied pecan, baby spring vegetable (as in salad greens) salad with cherry dressing, hot rolls, spicy boiled shrimp, red potatoes, and corn on the cob. Oh, the girls had hot dogs. I think Mark and Joyce were hungry, cause they ate without complaint. Everyone especially liked the salad. I especially like the fact that Gary washed all the dishes. Yeah Gary!
After dinner, the girls finally got to play cards. We started out playing Pass The Ace. Morgan sat on one side of Mark, and Chloe on the other. That prevented any arguing from the girls.
Morgan won the first round. Then, we switched the seating, cause we wanted Mark to have a breather.
We ended Pass the Ace with a dead heat playoff between Chloe, Mark, and me. We were all on our honor. Naturally, Chloe and I drew a couple of 3's, and Mark waxed us out of the money. We had dessert, Chocolate Ice Cream, and Coffee Liquor for the big kids.

We then started playing Texas Holdum. Yes, we changed seating again. It was a tough game, but I, yes MOI, won in a playoff with Morgan. Morgan, the terrible bluffer, I might add. She was honestly a pretty good bluffer, and a good loser. Much better at losing than I am at winning. Well, what can I say?
That was it for our exciting night. The girls had a ball, so did I. I wish I'd had a picture of Mark and Joyce driving off. They brought his sports car. I need to make a mental note to get a picture of him in it.
The girls spent the night. As I blog, Chloe has gone home, and Morgan and Gary are getting ready to go kayaking, per Morgans request. It's not that she's spoiled or anything. If you know Gary, there is no explanation required. If you don't know Gary, you'd never understand.
I have been goofing off all day. I need to get busy and get ready to go to the movies tonight with "The Girls". Last I heard, Mark was going out with Clay, who is in town for business, and a house closing. I should have some fun things to blog about tomorrow. Later.....


No comments:
Post a Comment