Sunday, November 18, 2012

A Crappy Day, For Sure

Yesterday, Sheila and I played fairly good golf together.  It was a shamble.  That's where you both hit your drive, select the best drive, then both of you play your own ball from there til you finish the hole.  We were pretty good as a team.  We managed to get a good tee shot from her or me on every hole.  Sheila ended up shooting something like a 79, and I shot a 90.  However, since we were playing with mostly men, we didn't finish in the top 3.  As I left, we were 4th in our flight, with maybe 3 more teams to come in.  The good news though, we didn't finish last, and we also beat the two guys we were playing against.  We decided we would play the next event together, and see if we can get a couple of other players to play with us.  It's a four person team event, on Dec. 8th.

Came home last night, after not eating anything except one apple, one banana and some almonds all day, and I was starving.  I planned on cooking for Gary and me, but he wasn't home.  He was helping Melissa, my step daughter (didn't know I had one?  Not surprised.) move some furniture.  They didn't finish until almost 7:30, so dinner was really late.  I had a shrimp boil... you know, you cook baby red potatoes, corn and shrimp in shrimp boil, then just add a salad and bread (them, not me).  Really easy.  We all shared a bottle of white wine and had a fairly good visit.  She had her dog with her, and her dog has to be held at all times.  "Daisy" is rather spoiled.  Stella obviously knew her dog had issues, cause not once did she attempt to bite her.  Ha!

Today is my liquid only diet.  Alas, the start of my crappy day.  I'm blogging now so you won't have to hear how it ends up.  All I'm going to say is..... I have a colonoscopy tomorrow.  Nuff said, I'll sign off.  It's time to start "the drink"!  I don't know about everyone else, but Sheila will understand.



No comments: