Friday was just a plain old day. I have been trying to ride my bike daily. I will admit, I didn't do it Saturday. I got up bright and early and went to a different hair stylist that Angie found. She said my hair was looking frumpy, and she wanted me to go to Chrixtopher.... I think that's how he spells it....but it's pronounced Christopher. Yes, he's gay, but they ar usually very artistic. Well, shit.... $138 later, I do have a hair cut I really like. Oh, that plus a $20 tip. Gary would crap if he knew. I don't "think" he read this, but he's really started surprising me lately.
I arrived home from the hair cut to find Chloe waiting on me. Saturday night was my Couples Night Ball Tournament. She was going to play with Carlos S. to keep it an even number of teams. Originally, I had Jeremy (I met him thru Don K at the golf course) lined up to play with me, and Carlos and Chloe in my group. Then when I finally got the final count, I can't have an odd number without messing everything up. So I canceled Jeremy coming to play. (He did show up later for a drink.)
Talk about a hectic afternoon and evening. I went to the course at 2:30, made sure we had the right head count in the restaurant, that I had 2 cart people available, and that Michael was on board with the payment arrangement. I had to get the money from everyone, and then I have to pay the golf course separately with a check, cash (yeah right) or credit card. Of course, I'll do a credit card so I can get air miles. Anyway.....
Everyone got out on the course like clockwork. I took all the groups photos, and watched Chloe play a par 3 with Carlos. Here are pictures of some of the players...
After that, I went and got a cart boy to help me put all the night ball equipment. It took us about 1 1/2 hours. However, for the first time ever, almost everyone was finished with 9 holes when we got back to the club house. They were waiting, and they looked hungry. I went in to check on the food, and it wasn't ready, and they didn't know when it would be. UGH! I called Don K., He got them going in just a few minutes. Then.... the hungry savages ate all the rolls before they got their food.
When the last normal people who don't hoard hot rolls got their food, there wasn't any bread. The natives were running loose. Finally, everyone got their food, and we had everything ready to roll for the night portion, and it started lightening. The pro shop guy, Michael, looked at the radar and said it was past us on the east, and moving east, we would be good to go at 7:30. Don K. and Jeremy arrived. We all activated our night glow equipment and headed out to the cards, and it was still lightening. Don K. finally decided that it was just too dangerous, and he canceled the night ball part of the tournament. Talk about a bunch of sad people! Especially me!
Whatever.... I collected all the equipment back while Michael decided to help me. He had no idea who turned in what. Remember, the balls cost me and they each had an extra ball. I have yet to figure out if I lost money on that, but I'll do it tomorrow. We're going to play at 6:30 next Saturday, as long as the weather is good. Just the night portion. Hopefully the majority of the people can make it. Don did say he'd give a rain check if they can't come out. That was nice of him, cause he really didn't have to.
Here are a few pictures that I took.
If I remember correctly, the one above is of Mark and Sheila. They also added blinking red circle lights to their hats. It is a little hard to tell who is who.
Oh well. Chloe and I came home exhausted. By the way, she was so good about helping carry food to the players. We would never have gotten caught up without her help.
Today, I rode made my entire week. I conned Gary into letting me check his blood sugar before breakfast. We both had oatmeal. Today, I tried regular oat meal. So far, no bad effects. Anyway, he eats about three cups of cooked oat meal, one egg, 2 toasts fried in butter, and 3 bacon. He thought he was soooo healthy. It was 94 before he ate. Two hours later, it was 141. I ate the oatmeal with 1/2 a banana and 4 bacon, some raisins, and 2 Tbls peanut butter in it. Mine was 94. Gary was stunned. Honestly, so was I, but I had been on a bike ride. Either way, he was on line all afternoon trying to figure out why his was so high. I was one happy camper. I'm waiting to see what he eats tomorrow. I'll keep you all posted. It's almost midnight, and I'm tired. Too tired to proof read this.
Sunday, November 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment