Tuesday, November 20, 2012

LET THE GAMES BEGIN

Here is is, Tuesday, and I survived yesterday.  Honestly, it went really easy.  An anethetist put me to sleep with heavy duty drugs, and it as easier than using happy gas.  Awake one second, asleep the next then awake in one second.   They woke me up, said there were several abnormalities, they had done 4 biopsies, and they'd discuss the pathology results with me next Monday.  Talk about good service.  I really have high hopes for this new doctor.  Guess I shouldn't get too excited until next Monday.  I am not worried about cancer, let me tell you that right up front.  My concern is finding out what my underlying problem is, so they can correct it. 

Speaking of correcting something.  I had saved an old paper from last week, and it had a pumpkin coffee cake recipe that you make with a yellow cake mix.  I was bored last night, and instead of cleaning house or anything resembling work, I was going thru old papers to toss and found that recipe again.  I looked on the internet for a cream substitute, and found there is one that is hard to find, but supposedly exactly like real cream.  It is sold under the name MimiCreme.  I finally found that Fiesta carries it.  Off I go at 8pm, to my closest Fiesta, in Plano.  Got there, and of course, they have never heard of it.  It is mainly in a Spanish neighborhood, and they sell everything Mexican.  Oh well, I did find something to buy.... canned pumpkin.

I came home, made it using my gluten free cake mix, and instead of cream, used lactose free milk and a little butter.  It came out almost like a real coffee cake, just a little on the heavy side.  That could be because of the praline topping, or maybe it was because you poke holes in the cake and praline topping and pour a caramel syrup over it.  I had a normal size piece, and of course, Gary wouldn't eat any because it was gluten free.  I'm gonna kill that man yet.  It was really yummy.  Off I go to be, happy that I had a decent sweet.

Got up this morning, and decided I'd have one more piece of the pumpkin coffee cake.  WRONG!  Even my new pills from the doctor didn't prevent the revenge, I guess, of the butter.  I mean, a whole 9X13 coffee cake, with only 4 TBLS of butter.... even a lactaid pill, and it didn't work.  Oh well.  Lesson learned.  I think I'll just cut it up and freeze it, or maybe give it to the g-kids.  Wait, can't do that.  They love nuts, but raw only... never in brownies or on a cake.  I'll see if Eric and Angie want some. 

Today, I'm going to clean house, except for the floors, and get ready to do nothing tomorrow except shop and bake some things.  I'm planning on brining (is that a word) my turkey, and I have to get that started tomorrow so it will be ready Thursday.  Sheila and Mark are coming over, as well as Angie and her clan.  I'm having everyone here at 12.  Last year, the turkey cooked a lot faster than expected, and so it was slightly over cooked when everyone got here.  I am planning on it being ready at 1, but I'm allowing extra time, just in case.  All I'm going to make is turkey, two dressings, gravy, sweet potatoes (Gary would bitch if I didn't), and white mashed potatoes.  Angie is doing the dessert, and Sheila is doing wine and a veggie dip tray. 

I have planned a walk or bike ride after lunch, we have enough bikes that everyone can choose their weapon.  Then, it's football (you're welcome Sheila) and games.  For dinner, we're having Mexican food.  That means, turkey quesadillas.  Everyone can construct their own, an they'll cook it on Angie's quesadilla maker.  Course we'll have hot sauce, guacamole, etc.  I can't have the tortilla (corn quesadillas don't sound good) but I'm going to have a turkey salad Mexican style.  This will be the first year we've planned on having the left over turkey... sorry Sheila and Mark.  I do have a 17 pound turkey, so Sheila and Mark may still get some left overs.  Gary hates left overs, and Angie doesn't really like turkey, hence we send it all home with the Coles.  Works out well for everyone.  Now desserts.... that's a different story.  I have a gluten free apple pie for one.... me.  It is probably terrible, but it's the thought that counts.

I guess I should quit blogging and get busy instructing Gary on what he wants to do today.  I have him assigned patio and back yard clean up.  Tomorrow his assignment will be to vacuum for me.  I know he's gonna love helping me.  Yeah right!

Later, and get your turkey ready.

No comments: