Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Same Old Thing

Same Old Thing..... I've lost another week.  Oh well, let's see if I can remember where I was on any given day.

Sunday - Oh yeah.  I played golf with Mark and Sheila.  We played a team game.  Mark and Sheila played the front 9 as a team, and played against me.  They used their lowest score.  Duh.... they won.  On the back nine, I played with Mark, same thing, best ball.  We beat Sheila.  Here's the weird part..... We added Sheila's score from the front with her score from the back, did the same with me and then Mark, and VOILA!  Mark won.  Ok, then we also played low putts.  Sheila won low on the front, I won low on the back, and Sheila won total putts.  I ended up maybe winning one dollar, or else I lost a dollar... I can't remember, but it wasn't enough of a loss for anyone.  I had trouble losing balls.  The leaves are brown, orange and red, and about 3 feet deep.  Well, almost.  I lost 3 balls on one hole.  I didn't enjoy that at all.

Afterwards, we all had a beer together.  I had a gluten free Red Bridge beer, they had real beer.  We were talking and yakking, and they mentioned that Dick's had a sale on clubs.  Sheila had bought a new 5 iron, yada yada.  Just so happens, I planned on buying my g-kids new golf clubs.  They both complain all the time because their clubs don't "match".  Well, like they use them often enough.  Sure enough, it's all my fault cause  I got them baby clubs, which was true, but they were babies.  Chloe had old clubs I bought from Carlos.  Well, I left the course early, and went power shopping at Dick's.  I found each girl a set... Morgan got right handed ladies, and Chloe got men's left handed clubs.  They should both be happy.  I was happy cause they were on sale, and I had a coupon for an additional 10% off.  Got both sets for $200.  Yippee!

Monday I went to my new gastro doctor for my results.  I'm gonna make this as short as possible.  He said...... I've got one of the most out of control cases of Colitis he's seen.   I think that implies that the previous doctor didn't treat it correctly, or aggressively enough.  He has diagnosed me now as having IBD, inflammatory bowel disease.  The current bowel inflammation is restricted to the lower colon, making it proctitus, as far as intestines go, but it has now presented it in my esophagus, and he suspects eyes as well.  Anyway, we're starting aggressive treatment, and he honestly thinks I can improve.  I will never be cured, but he thinks he can get it under control.  Did I tell you he's a black guy?  Moving on....

Tuesday was movie night.  Sheila, Chloe, Margie and I all went to see Twilight: Breaking Dawn II.  We all enjoyed the movie, then we ate dinner at Gloria's (Salvadorian Tex Mex).  Quesadillas for Margie and Sheila, Carne Asada for Chloe, and I had grilled shrimp with rice and veggies.  I also had 2 skinny Margaritas.  We all decided on the movie, that it was definitely a 4 thumbs up movie.
Notice I was wearing my Xmas sweater vest?
We sat and chatted for a while, then we all went home.  It was a fun night.  Chloe always likes going out with   "The Gals".

Today, I had a 9:15 appointment with the doctor that replaced my knee.  Follow up.  That's it with him for another year.  On the way there, I did notice that the car was running rough.  In the old, REALLY old days, my Mom and Dad would have said the car was "missing".  I think it means not all cylinders are firing.  When I started home, it got even worse, and the "engine" light came on.  I was going to call Gary, but I'd left my darned cell phone at home.  What the hell, I drove it home anyway.  I told Gary about it, called the shop and made arrangements to take it in tomorrow morning.  I had a 12:45 nuclear stress test waiting.

Gary, Mr. Happy, bitched cause we wouldn't have a spare drivable car all night.  Well duh!  I finally agreed to call them back, and took it right in.  That left me 1 1/2 hours before I had to be at the hospital.  Dropped the car off, got to the Enterprise car rental, and the girl was an idiot.  I'm now down to 1 hour to get to the hospital.  She has people in front of me, and a lady waiting for a car to be brought in from another location.  She was dealing with a non-English speaking young man, paying cash, having no passport, and no drivers license.  WTF?  She finally asks him to hold on, and she takes a phone call and starts looking up rates.  I'm still two people away and they have no cars.  I get pissed, call Angie and tell her to come get me.  While waiting for her, I call the Ford people and tell them that the place they took me is out of cars, bringing them only after the contract is signed, and in the middle of dealing with a customer, the only agent is taking outside calls so she can discuss rates, and crap like that while her on the spot customers are waiting.  I told him to find me some place else, I had to go to the hospital for testing.  I had Angie bring me home and I take Gary's truck to the hospital for the stress test.  Gary is pissed.  He hates to loan "his" truck to anyone.

The car repair person calls me at 2:30 and luckily I'm on my food break from the stress test (they do the radioactive isotope, then a heart scan, then the stress test, then you eat a fatty meal, and in one hour you do another heart scan).  He has called the rental company and made arrangements for me to walk in and pick up a car, and they have everything ready.  I finish up the stress test.  Go home and have Gary take me to the same stupid Enterprise rental shop.  Get there, and there are 3 employees, and 2 customers.  The other customer is waiting on a car to be brought in from another location.  At least I won't have to wait.... ha!

I tell the man my name and that I should have a car ready and waiting for me based on a call from North Central Ford.  The girl isn't talking.  The guy tells me they don't have any cars ready, but they won't get one until I sign everything.  WTF?  I told him Gary at North Central .... yada yada (he's the manager) told me one would be ready and waiting.  The guy starts in on that this is one of their busiest days..... I said STOP!  I want you to call Gary, the repair supervisor at North Central Ford and tell him you have a really mouthy customer named Connie Gibbons in your office,  and she wants him to bring her a loaner.  He quickly calls and asks whoever answered for a maintenance number for Connie Gibbons rental.  He and the other agent behind the counter go whisper in quiet.  She's the one that was there before when I left, and they inform me they're putting me in a Jeep, which is an upgrade complimentary.  Big deal was, it was the only rental car there.  Whatever.  I get in the car, drive home.

About 2 blocks from home, my phone rings, it's the car dealership.  My car is ready.  Great..... I told him I had already picked up the rental car.  He said, do whatever you want, it's on their tab anyway.  So, tomorrow I'll drive in and get my car back.  It ended up being a fuel injector which burned up four spark plugs, and they also found my air conditioner was leaking freon.  Thank goodness I purchased an extended warranty.  I don't remember what it cost, but I like to buy any car I want, then I drive the tires off it before I get another one.  I always buy the extended warranty, and have always saved enough money on repairs to pay for it.  I only have a $100 deductible, and they pay for the rental car.

Sheila sent me an email asking me to play golf this week.  I had to say no, cause I'm still working on Xmas decorations.  I also need to nag Gary into getting the outside lights up.  Getting Gary to do what I want is a full time job.  Nuff said, cause he is a man.

That's it for now.  I will tell you one thing.  Today, I felt like an old foggie.  Nothing anyone does any more is the way "I" think it should be done.  I just don't feel like putting up with people's crap any more.  Maybe I'll feel better tomorrow.  I didn't start the steroids until dinner, so that wasn't it.  I may just call my primary care doctor and ask for some anti-anxiety meds.  Honestly,  I didn't enjoy my day.

BTW, I found out that Sheila and I tied for 3rd Place Net in the FGA tournament we played in.  That wouldn't be so bad if it hadn't been for the fact that Gary Trimmier was the one that we tied with.  Oh well, we both were very proud of the way we finished.

Hope you all fared better!

No comments: