Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sunday Night UPDATED !!!!!!!!


Right now, it is 1-30-2013, 9:20am.  Since I last blogged, I have successfully updated the pictures and videos.  It took an act of congress.  I had to manipulate the pictures.... one example.... putting it upside down on my PC in order for blogger to show it as right side up.  OK, who cares,,,, just get er done!  The secret to posting a 38 second video to blogger?  I got up at 5am and started it.  It completed uploading at 8:05 am.  I have learned one thing...... make that two!  #1.... Either AT&T DSL is overloaded or BLOGGER.COM or both are overloaded.  Don't give AT&T the benefit of the doubt.  Most evenings, from every TV in the house..... it is slow to respond to remote control and search requests.  #2.... Most uploaded videos must be happening from 8am til 1am.  Dang... hope no one else is going to try my secret 5am uploading time. 

Enjoy the videos and pictures.  It took hours... make that days to accomplish this simple, sometimes blurry post.



Here it is Sunday night, and I have yet to blog.  We arrived home from out Mustang Island trip Friday evening.  I had planned on stopping at Beacon Truck Wash on the way home to have the RV washed (sand is soooo corrosive) off, but there were about 20 semis in front of us, and we didn't want to sit in line for hours.  Needless to say, I had to wash it yesterday (Saturday).  That tired me out, and today I was washing clothes, bedding from the RV, etc.  I am going to post pictures from the Tapas Party and the trip, in no particular order.  I did get Joyce's recipe for her Tapas crab tarts, but I'll do that another time.  I'm just doing pictures, cause it's already 11:10 pm and I am tired.  Here goes...

Everyone should already know everyone that was at the Tapas Party.




I don't know why I cannot get these rotated, but at this time of night.... I no longer care.  This is Joyce's Crab Tarts.





This is Sue's Chorizo wraps.... these were the crowd favortie.





Here are my Petite Croque Monsieurs and Sweet Potato Fries
 




 I want to say right now that I don't know what happened to the picture of Margie's dish.  I apologize to her.

Now, here are some pictures from Mustang Island.

Of course, someone had to drive with me.  Joyce couldn't reach the peddles... .JUST KIDDING.  Sheila finally







Sheila frequently found unusual ways to entertain herself.  (Yes, some parts of the trip were REALLY long.)
 Beautiful sunrise.
 Playing Cards one evening.
 One of the locals.
 Sheila's sun down picture.  We were traveling in the car.  I liked the water tower in it. 

 View from Virginia's, where we ate one evening.
 Port Aransas scenery.  I love this picture, because it looks so one dimensional and flat.  I have no idea why it turned out this way, or why I love it, but I do.  I'm the type of person that loves off the wall things that are unique..... especially friends.  Guess you can tell by the friends I have.
 View from our table at Doc's restaurant one evening.
 Another local.  I think it's a male bird.  He just took a dump.  Now, he's thinking about a screw.  Then he's going to BOLT!
 Just beautiful, don't you think?

He they are waiting on getting our flat tire checked.  What a boring waste of time.



This is how close we were to the ocean

That would be my big feet.  Like the beach attire?


Early morning walk.

You know how they say the early bird catches the worm?


Sometimes the early bird catches the fish.


I thought this was pretty



I "think" this is a Gaftopsail..... aka catfish



Sheila marked our spot on the beach so we could always find our way "home" after taking the RV for a drive.

Almost lost Sheila and Joyce one day.  Thank gawd they managed to get out.





Sheila, once again, has found a way to entertain herself.  Her creativity is endless.



Three amigos on the beach....this is just before we started our crab-shrimp beach cookout.  We were using the RV to shelter us from the wind.  Even the moon was happy for us!


What, drinking?  Not us!  This is our crab-shrimp beach cookout meal.


Sheila walking the beach.



Okay, you read the previous blog about our trip.  Well, Sheila bought me a boccie ball set while we were there and we played it on the beach.  We also never saw any rattle snakes.  So, while we were shopping (I didn't know about the boccie ball set at the time) I sneaked over and bought a fake rattle snake.  It worked out beautifully in the boccie ball game we played.  I WAS going to put it in the bathroom or their bed, but I was afraid Joyce would see it and get hurt jumping.  Here is what happened





The only other excitement was watching Sheila exercise every day.
 
 


It's really late now, cause I had to edit videos to post.  We did have a great time.  It ended up taking us 8 hours to drive there, and 10 hours to drive home.  Damned I35 traffic on a Friday is awful.  I've got to quit for the night, cause tomorrow is a Marathon at Gerry's house.  What is that you ask?  As much as we can eat, drink, play Mah Jong and Foot and Mouth, talk and laugh in one day!  It's also Joyce's last day with us cause she flies out Tuesday.  

I am going to miss her....

Hey, I apologize... no spell check or anything.  It's late!

No comments: