Tuesday, February 9, 2016

oops,,,,,,,,,,2015 is here and I'm on a roll....

This old post never hit the blog.  Don't know what happened but it popped up when I was posting today.  I am not deleting it "just cause".  Jut remember it is out of order.  


I hope you all had a great Christmas.  I did.  As a matter of fact, it was one of the easiest ones I've had.  We only did one thing different.  On Christmas Eve, as usual, Angie hosted the Gibbons clan's Christmas party at her house.  This year, Gary and I loaded up all our gifts and took them to Angie's house before the party.  There was a really good turn out... only 2 people didn't make it.  Due to a sewer line break (repair in progress that night, but now completed), they only had one bathroom.  I was having issues, so I came home about 9pm and went to bed early.  I also went to bed early.  Not sure when Gary got home.

I woke up early Christmas day, made coffee, and decided to get Gary up early.  We went to Angie's house, and we actually got there about 1/2 an hour before the girls got up.   I have decided that was the secret.  Angie had done all the work of getting the packages under the tree the night before.  The girls were excited that we were already there and they didn't have to do the normal phone call to ask us to come over.  

This was "my" year.  I had more gifts than anyone.  Angie got me a Winbook.  It is a cross between a windows pc and a note pad.  OK, it's best described as a cross between an ipad and a PC.  I am having fits with the windows 8 part.  I hate it.   My brother in law, Mike, gave me a link to some software that makes it run more like a windows 7 pc.  Still..... 

Anyway, everyone had a great Christmas.  I had New Years Eve at my house.  It was just us, the Coles and Joyce.  We started playing cards.  Early in the evening, Mark got ill, so that was it.  Gary and I ended up alone at midnight... New York time.  We called it a night at 11:05 pm our time.

The Dallas Cowboys actually made it into the playoffs this year.  Sheila hosted a football party.  She, of course, had a football pot.  Made my day.  I won the first half score and the final score pot.  I made $46.  Yeah team Connie.  She fed us lasagna.  Everyone brought munchies.  Margie and Ralph were there.  Carlos and Sue were under the weather.  But, Gerry and Don were there.  That's a real surprise.  They're usually booked up with "the Wiley bunch".  A good time was had by all... especially me.  WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER

Last night Margie, Sheila, Joyce and I went to theater to see this years Black and White play at the Eissman.  We had dinner at Casa Millagro before the play.   The play was enjoyed by all of us.  We took a few pictures with the cast, then headed to the hotel across the street from the theater for drinks.  All of us had a great time.  Course, we usually do.

No comments: