I hired a paint and texture man to do the den, kitchen and my master bath area. He did a great job. He wired in my new switches (went from white electrical outlets and switches to beige), tore out the tongue and groove wainscoting from the den, and repaired the vent on my Jenn-Air cooktop that was accidentally disconnected by the granite installers.
We prepared the bathroom for the texture. Notice I said "we". I really did do tons of the work, but I no longer do anything that requires getting both feet off the floor at the same time. I also no longer wear high heels.
Den before removal of wainscoting
After with texture.
I also hired a decorator to help me do the kitchen. That was $500. I mention the price because she cost a lot for what I think was 4 hours of work. She picked out a smoky gray color of glass tile. I hired a tile expert. Long story short, he screwed up the first round of tile by putting the small tile where the big tile was supposed to go. I replaced the tile and he redid it. He then screwed up the tile. I think his blade got dull, and he chipped most of the glass. But that didn’t stop him from putting it up. We had words, and I ended up firing him because he refused to fix it a third time on his dime cause I’d already replaced some tiles twice. What a fiasco.
The good portion of the bad tile work.
The Disaster Area Of Glass Screw-ups
Here, he had installed the wrong sized tiles.....
Notice the uneven lines between the tiles?

Angie, Chloe, Gary and I all decided we would get a different type of tile because glass tile is too difficult to install for the average labor person. The three of us actually agreed on something we all liked and we went with that. We hired a completely different tile man. He charged extra to remove the mess the other guy created, and replaced all the sheet rock that had been screwed up. Finally, we are all happy with the results.
Here are a few pictures….
Now all I need to do is finish the flooring. Pulling out the wainscoting left a 2 inch gap between mu existing tile and the wall.... ugly, but I am broke and tired of remodeling. It is my goal to get it finished in 2016. Hey, it's early in the year, I might make it yet.

No comments:
Post a Comment