Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Sandra Gibbons Green

As I've said many times, my blog is not searchable.  If you know the name of it, you can find it.  Only a few family and close friends have it.  This is a sad post, one I put off and put off, but decided I needed to do.

This post is about Gary's only sister, Sandra.  She was the sweetest person I have ever met.  She was who she was.... never trying to be something she wasn't.  She liked everyone she met, and vice versa.  I never heard her say a bad thing about anyone, never.  We learned of her death on the way here Saturday.  Gary was not in any shape to drive home, because it is almost a 10 hour trip.  Gary was asked by his family to wait to go back until they had more information.  Her husband was in the hospital, and there were complications getting the body from the coroner.  Just a fiasco.

Her children decided immediately that they did not want to have a funeral without her husband or Gary, and they also didn't want him to miss his bike rally.  They are just like Sandra, just beautiful people.  She was cremated, and the final date of her service has not been set.  Gary is going home later this week anyway. Here is the article that accompanied the TV broadcast news of her death.

 GARLAND — One person died and another was injured in a raging fire late Friday night.
It started in a four-unit residence on Intrepid Drive, near Northwest Highway and Arrowhead Circle, around 11 o'clock. 
"Three different buildings were involved," said Garland Fire Department spokesman Merrill Balanciere. 
Winds fueled the flames in the direction of two other structures, both duplexes. One of those homes was heavily damaged, Balanciere said.
Sandra Green, 65, died in the fire in the first residence. A man who suffered first-degree burns inside the fourplex was taken to Baylor Scott & White Medical Center-Garland for treatment, but his life is not in danger.
"Often, fires like this, the person that's home doesn't even know the house is on fire," Balanciere said. "It goes undetected until the fire breaks through the roof, and maybe a neighbor or someone notifies them."
The cause of the fire is under investigation
I have still not heard the cause of the fire.  I do know that it was ruled accidental.  Marc did get to go home.... well he was released.  He lost everything in the fire.  Sandra, his car, all his belongings.  Poor man.  
Here is the last picture I had of her.  Angie usually has a theme for her Christmas Eve Gibbons family gatherings.  This particular year it was Pajama night.  Chloe made us all our pajamas.  Gary's brother Loyd is on the left, Sandra in the middle, then Gary on the right.  We have lost a truly beautiful sister and friend.

No comments: