
Monday started out early, when the alarm rang at 6:30. I took Dad to the skin cancer clinic to have his basal cell carcinoma (spelling?) removed. This is the 2nd time on the same spot. The doctor didn't understand why it came back within 3 months, but said he is positive he got it all the first time, and again the 2nd time. They do something like a Moles procedure (again sp?) where they remove layers, check for any more cancer cells, then once it's clear, they do one more slice to make sure. I counted 10 stitches. As you can see in the picture, it is an ugly incision. I've had him off of Plavix for several weeks in anticipation of this minor surgery. This managed to keep the bleeding in check, unlike before.
Tuesday, I washed all Dad's clothes. What a drag. I've also begun spring cleaning..... I know, I'm just a wee bit late. I've completely gone thru all cabinets in the laundry room, except for Gary's three tool drawers. They're so heavy I can't open them. I have done my bathroom and closet. The bedroom is 90% done, and I'm hoping Angie will feel sorry for me and come over and run the vacume.
The doorbell rang this morning at 5:00 a.m.. It was the Richardson police telling me Gary's truck alarm keeps going off. It wasn't when I went out, and nothing was missing, but we all know how Gary is. His logic....Why lock it... if someone wants in they'll just break a window.
Wednesday, I played golf with Tom Dardene, golf assistant at Firewheel. He is attempting to get his PAT, and we played a practice round. I beat Tom, so I guess you know how poorly he played. I did shoot a 92. Tom usually shoots in the low 80's or below, but I managed to bring his game down to my level. Tom is the first golfer to attempt to get his TPA that is handicapped. He is unable to use one arm, but is really a good golfer. That tells you a lot about Tom. Here'a pix of Tom.

Here's something for you to do to kill time waiting for your golf buddies to arrive. Watch tree climging snakes. This one was at Keeton, about the size of my index finger, but about 3 feet long. I got a video (not here.... takes up too much space) of it climbing.... that sucker is FAST!Note to self:
Do NOT park under trees at Keeton.
In
the afternoon, I played with the ATT league. Sheila, Gary T., Eddie and I all shot 49, so I ended up winning $5 from Eddie, but lost $5 to Carlos. I started out so well, par, par, par, par, then BAM! I had an 8 on a friggin par three. I just knew I should be able to hit that one particular club. Oh well, the streak had to end. Other than a crappy golf score, the day went fairly well, except someone took my Sky Caddie from my cart...... In case any of you find it.... you can contact the pro's at Keeton and claim the $100 reward (no questions asked). I'm hoping that will get it back to me. I don't even want to discuss how much it cost. I will probably NOT replace it. Aren't Gary T. and Sheila cute on the golf course?After golf, Sheila and I went to eat at La Avita's (spelling?). The fajita nachos were good, but I'm not sure they were worth the price. It was $22 for 2 orders of nachos. Ouch! Thank goodness Sheila bought. Hey, what are good friends for?
Thursday I spent half the day getting half a root canal. My jaw started having spasms, so I had to postpone the rest of it till next week. There went another $1800 for one tooth. Dang...... no wonder I can't stay within my budget.
This morning, Friday, I got up and played golf with JB (marshall at Tennyson) and Adrian at the Lakes Course at Firewheel. I shot a whopping 51, but that was from the blue tees. Thank you very much FGA.... that's the Firewheel League that makes me shoot from the same teeing area as the men. So when it's possible, I'm practicing from the blue tees. I am getting better, but still have trouble winning anything. Anyway, I only played 9 holes because my tooth was hurting too much.
I took a pain pill and some Mobic, hoping to get my tooth ache under control. I'm off to play golf in the morning at Sherrill Park. I'll blog about that..... hope it goes well.

No comments:
Post a Comment