Where do you find a dog with no legs?
Right where you left him!
Now, since this is the last post for this trip, I think I should tell everyone that the jokes of the day came from Jim Redpath. I reunited with him a couple of months ago. He used to work with Gary at ESAC. I hadn't seen him in years and met up with him at Keeton while playing with the Telco League. His "clean" jokes are rather funny, and the girls enjoy them.
We got up, I made a dash to McDonald's for the girls some pancakes and sausage (home cooking), took all of our stuff to the car, checked out, and started our tour of New Orleans again. We headed for the French Quarter. We walked the mile or so there (accidentally took the wrong way), and headed straight for Cafe Du Monde. We all enjoyed our coffee and beignets. Well, Morgan wouldn't eat one, and the girls had sodas.
After that, we did the French Market. I recently returned from Europe, and I'm not sure where that term came from. The actual French Market in Europe sells fresh flowers, fruit, antiques, etc. The one in New Orleans sells souvenirs! The girls were in 7th Heaven! I did buy a few things for myself, a couple of buds, and the girls. Angie got a couple of items, and we had great fun. The price for the same article varied from store to store, so we played power shoppers. Yeah right!
We took some pictures and ate on the balcony of Franks Seafood Restaurant. It was founded in 1965, and it was fabulous. It was the best seafood I've ever eaten. I had the seafood platter, and Morgan fell in love with Crab Balls (who knew they even had them) and catfish. Angie had red beans and rice with sausage. We swapped samples, and I must say, it was one of the best red beans and rice either one of us has ever had. She also forced herself to try the crab ball, and she is now in love with them. Chloe never lets anything different touch her lips. Well worth the money.
After eating, the girls were getting tired of NOT buying anything, and Angie and I had saved just enough money to get home (I learned this the hard way in Las Vegas). We checked out the Mississippi River, then we caught the trolley to the hotel parking lot. We got in the car, and before we could reach I10, it began to pour rain. It rained on us until we got about 20 miles out of town, then it settled down into a cloudy day.
Chloe saw her first bull up close. She asked what the dangling things were for between their legs. We told her they held pee. Morgan piped in…. cool. The girl cows dangling things are for milk, and all the boy cows only get pee. We decided to leave it at that. Chloe insisted on a picture. What can we say?
Oh..... the Alligator Farm was Closed!
The rest of the trip was uneventful. We got in around midnight, and talk about 2 excited dogs! You could hear Annie and Coco a block away barking with delight at seeing Angie and the girls. I got home and Stella was already in bed asleep, but she found me at 5:30 am this morning and got in bed with me. She really missed me too.
The girls came over bright and early to show Papa Gary all their souvenirs. At their request, Gary cooked a pound of bacon this morning, and their favorite cinnamon rolls. The girls and Gary are making up for lost time. They’re already at the park, playing in the rain. We were sooooo blessed to have good weather for our entire trip, minus maybe one day.
It was a trip we’ll remember for years to come, and that’s about how long it will take to pay off my Master Card.

No comments:
Post a Comment