What Do Eskimos Get From Sitting On The Ice too Long?
Polaroid's
I woke up this morning around 6:20, and it was a beautiful day. That's so much better than the rain from the previous day. I enjoyed the view from the bedroom until the alarm went off. Everyone got up, we ate a quick breakfast, and we were off. We had signed up for a boat charter, and Angie agreed to stay home and take care of Baby Cade.
We booked our fishing excursion on the DUKE. There were maybe 17 people aboard, but the boat is large enough that we werent' crowded. We passed the beach house, and Angie got to watch us pass by.
After that, the serious fishing got underway. I caught a couple of trout, but the best part was that both Morgan and Chloe did their own casting and reeling in. I'm pretty sure that Morgan caught the most fish of our bunch. Shannyn won most unusual in our clan, with her shark.
I actually baited our hooks. We were using semi fresh squid (pre-killed by the boat captain) so it wasn't so bad putting it on the hooks. The captain always took them off the hook, not just for me, but for everyone. Morgan also caught 2 trout at the same time, which the rest of us didn't do. The boat catch of the day included mullet, trout, shark, crabs, and the most unusual..... one eel. That was the most exciting for the kids.
The captain cleaned all the fish, but I didn't want to mess with them. I ended up paying Morgan
$10 to leave ours there for the poor people. I don't know what they did with them, but we left all of ours there.
Since tomorrow is our last full day here, we decided we'd all go to the beach first thing, then decide from there. I am sunburned... though you can't tell from the pictures. Needless to say, tomorrow I'll wear sun block. Shannyn and Madyson are cooking steaks and baked potatoes for supper.
I'm off to Margaritaville... Later

2 comments:
Sissy.. I just got home from supper. Mike and I went to Boston Seafood for supper (one of our favorite places). My supper was fantastic. I had fresh fish, which they assured me was just fresh off the boat), it was a little on the small side though. As we were leaving I heard Liz (the waitress) shake her head and she said "Those poor people." Now I'm not sure what that was all about but we had a good time. Love you Sissy
Mimi.. I know this is your and the girls last big day and that you are staying in Naw Orleans (that's how cajun people pronounce it). I took the liberty of forwarding your Divot DIva photo (hope it wasn't copyright protected)to a tattoo parlour called INK A BINK TATTOO STUDIO located at 1409 Canal. It is a central location so you shouldn't have trouble finding it. I got a great deal, one tattoo at regular price and three free. Now it is a school and a new class is starting today so by the time you get there the guy doing you and the girls will have some experience. Oh yeah..be sure and take your own face mask, alcohol and saran wrap. Love Sissy
P.S. I know the girls are just gonna love your commenorative tat's
Post a Comment