Sunday morning consisted of reading the paper and drinking coffee. Chloe spent the night. She, Gary and "Provine" (as the girls call him) went to IHOP for the "Guy's Sunday Breakfast". I stayed home and drank coffee...... I enjoy my alone time. I worked on my PA Schedule for September and washed some clothes. Yes, the dryer is on the fritz. Gary said he'd check it out.
I sent Chloe home, then the three of us (Dad, Gary and me) went to Sheila's for swimming, drinks, supper, and visiting "Mum" Joyce. She is such a sweetie, just like Sheila. She flew in for a couple of days. The weather was beautiful, and the water was just right. Of course, the best was the margarita that Sheila had ready and waiting, along with some appetizers. We decided that Kroger beats Tom Thumb on crab dip. Everyone except Dad got in the pool and relaxed. There's nothing like lolling in a swimming pool that you don't have to maintain!
After several drinks, Mark grilled some fantastic shisk-ca-bobs (like I know how to spell it). Sheila had marinated them in a citrus sauce, and combined onions, mushrooms, yellow and red peppers, and Hatch peppers. Joyce made some really good garlic bread. I, the great cook that I am, provided a beautiful chocolate mousse cheesecake.
We all ate and drank so much that we called it a night a little on the early side. Dad said it was the most fun he'd had in ages. Yup, he talked their legs off. As always at Sheila's, we had a ball.

No comments:
Post a Comment