Monday, November 10, 2008

Back Home

I'm finally adding some more pix from Saturday's Route 66 trip. Frank wanted to stop at the "POP" place. Not bad, gas was $1.82, a bargain. Our food (2 children chicken strip dinners, 2 children's cherry Sprites, 3 Adult cherry Cokes, 2 chili cheeseburgers, bowl of chili, 1 order of onion rings, and one order of fried okra) was on the expensive side.... $40 some odd, and not very good. The place was cool though, and because the weather was nice and we were sheltered from the wind, we ate outside.





Here is the Sign out front, and it's about 40 or 50 feet tall. This was in Arcadia.
















Here is the infamous round barn. I don't know the full storey, but I really didn't care to find out any more. It is just round, it is red, they want donation money, and nothing about it wanted me to find out more info. Again, this was in Arcadia.












Here is a house that we found. I'm sure you won't believe this, but it was abandoned. I cannot believe anyone ever lived in this. It was 2 rooms at one time.















The roof had collapsed, and it was being used as a barn... yup.... it had nasty old bales of hay in it. I bet there were snakes and rats also. YUCK!






We packed up... well Angie packed us up on Sunday, and we went to Stillwater to visit my Aunt Evelyn. She is 81, which is impossible to believe. She plays golf, cooks, and takes care of her daughter who is 48. Love here dearly. We headed back to Cushing, and visited with my Uncle William and Aunt Pat. At 4:45 pm, we headed to Tulsa to celebrate my Step Dad Frank's 67th birthday at the Lone Star Steak House. It confused Chloe.... she didn't understand why everything was Texas stuff (license tags from cars.... scenery, etc) when we were in Okla.

Angie drove back, and we got it at about 12 midnight. We did see some gas for $1.45 in Oklahoma, and some for $1.75, but it averaged about $1.89. I went straight to bed, and this morning, I woke up late. Angie came over and we visited and did nothing together all day. That was one short, fast trip.

No comments: