Saturday, November 8, 2008

We left for Okla. yesterday at 12:30. After a 30 min. drive, Angie stopped to go shopping. The girls and I stayed in the car. I am still amazed, but we got here in 5 hours. That's a good speed.
Got to the house, and it was just overwhelming. Yesterday was the first time I've been home since Mom passed. I don't want to talk about that....


We went for a road trip today. First we stopped in Stroud, Ok. and visited a winery. We sampled a few wines, and I bought 6 bottles for the fab four to have a tasting party.
From there, we took Route 66 from Stroud and headed west. We saw the "round barn", which is supposedly famous here. We found an old farmstead, and took a few pictures.




Cushing is so small, that the only "hot spot for WiFi" is a deli. We're sitting in the parking lot as I type. Cool, no? Well, at least until they run us off.



Later, I'll post more pix tomorrow.





No comments: