I came equipped with 12 bottles of wine to drink. I made sheets with a description of the various wines, with a couple of ringers built in. Everyone was asked to rate the wine by taste on a scale of 1-10. Off we went. We ended up only sampling 10 bottles. I mixed in two bottles of the same Merlot, one Strawberry wine from Caney, Oklahoma, several bottles of wine from Territory Winery in Stroud, Oklahoma, and some Wallmart $2.97 wines. Everyone scored the wines.
Ralph got 6 of 10 wines correct by taste description. He is now THE WINE WHISPERER
We enjoyed some good wine, only one undrinkable wine (bad cork... that should tell you right there), and we had a blast. The best tasting wines were those from Wallmart. I had a Wallmart Merlot, White Zinfidel, Chardonnay, and Blush wine. There was one good Oklahoma wine - Pow Wow. It was far better than the Boomer Sooner Oklahoma wine. If you are having a party and need an abundance of wine.... we'd all recommend the Wallmart Oakleaf wines. Not one of them was bad.

Don and Gerry arrived late, and Gerry brought some home made Irish Creme. It was also VERY good. Margie cooked her famous Chicken Gumbo, I brought a crab dip and cheese ball, and Sheila brought a fresh fruit tort. We gabbed.... OH what a fun group of friends.
Everyone is over at Sheila's tonight, eating Chili and watching the "BOYS". I overdid something, and am having extreme pain in my neck, so I took a pain pill and called Sheila and begged off the evening. I am going to call the doctor first thing in the morning, cause I want another round of pain injections.
That's it for now.... I'm just posting this so they can enjoy the pix.
Ralph got 6 of 10 wines correct by taste description. He is now THE WINE WHISPERER
We enjoyed some good wine, only one undrinkable wine (bad cork... that should tell you right there), and we had a blast. The best tasting wines were those from Wallmart. I had a Wallmart Merlot, White Zinfidel, Chardonnay, and Blush wine. There was one good Oklahoma wine - Pow Wow. It was far better than the Boomer Sooner Oklahoma wine. If you are having a party and need an abundance of wine.... we'd all recommend the Wallmart Oakleaf wines. Not one of them was bad.
Don and Gerry arrived late, and Gerry brought some home made Irish Creme. It was also VERY good. Margie cooked her famous Chicken Gumbo, I brought a crab dip and cheese ball, and Sheila brought a fresh fruit tort. We gabbed.... OH what a fun group of friends.
Everyone is over at Sheila's tonight, eating Chili and watching the "BOYS". I overdid something, and am having extreme pain in my neck, so I took a pain pill and called Sheila and begged off the evening. I am going to call the doctor first thing in the morning, cause I want another round of pain injections.
That's it for now.... I'm just posting this so they can enjoy the pix.










No comments:
Post a Comment