Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Snake Kill

What an exciting day I had yesterday. I still hurt something terrible from Saturday. I went to the golf course and trained ANOTHER new employee, then went to therapy. I explained to the therapist that all I really did was cook and work on the PC and some paperwork for Dad which required me to bend over a lot. I was trying to do everything without moving the shoulder. The therapist said I was doing things that I'm not supposed to do. She said I'm not supposed to do ANYTHING. I asked how I could even eat without cooking, and her answer was to eat out, but have someone else drive. I give up.... I'll obey.
I finished therapy and drove home, only stopping at Walgreen's to buy a few things. On the way out, I found the coolest Halloween snake on sale for $5. That's 75% off, and I couldn't pass the bargain, so I bought it. Here's Morgan's reaction to the fake snake....



Then, I took heavy duty drugs and chilled out while Angie finished up the VA paperwork I needed done for Dad. That's what good daughters do when their Mom is ill (smile). While we were working, Chloe runs in screaming that Stella (Dad's dog) had trapped a snake that looks just like the one I bought and that she can't find Papa Gary. By the way, Gary was on top of the house cutting/trimming trees. Angie and I go out to save Stella (don't forget I'm one armed). Angie took the camera, of course, and here's what we found. Look at the head shape.... that's the triangle shape that they say indicates a poison snake. You can't tell by the pix, but it's about 3 feet long, short for a snake from these parts.


As for me, I could care less about the head shape, cause as far as I'm concerned, the only good snake is a dead snake. I found Gary and while he was getting off the roof, I locked Stella on the deck and went for my "snake gun", which is really a pump up pellet gun, and I use special pellets. Anyway, Gary beat me to the snake, and here's his first stab at killing the snake.


Right.... wow.... what action... well, on the snakes part. Between Gary, Angie and Chloe, they trapped the snake in some of Gary's storage crap, and Gary killed the damned thing.


Gary is our hero once again. Now, a lot of you may think it's stupid to kill a snake, but I'm sure the rest of you think blogging about it is even more stupid. The latter being more correct.

No comments: