Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Wednesday Doing Nada - Big Time

Today, I did manage to get a few things done... all without using my arm.. well almost. Sheila called today. I hope everyone is sitting down... we talked for a good 45 minutes. Who knew she could be so chatty. She's been in Miami working on an installation. Just like all the other ones... there were problems. We discussed that, and we talked about everything that we'd missed with each other in the 3 days she was gone.

There really was a lot to catch up on. No, I'm being serious. There were wine facts, snake stories (I hadn't posted it yet), and plans for the weekend. We had originally decided a couple of weeks ago that we'd go out for Greek food this weekend. In the meantime, she is trying to plan a birthday party for Clay for Saturday night. Dang..... I made alternate plans. I'm going to Okla. for my step-fathers birthday. It's a long story, so to make it brief, I was going to take Dad to visit his 95 yr. old sister that just got out of the hospital, my sister found out, and moved my step-Dad's surprise b-day party from Monday to Sunday night because she wanted us to be able to go to it.

It would work out that way, that Sue and Clay would come in from Europe and I wouldn't be able to visit with them on the weekend. Oh well, I'll make up for it during the week next week (if someone will drive me).

I have seriously decided that driving is the least hurtful thing I can do, so I'm going to continue driving myself around. I have therapy tomorrow morning, and then a doctor appointment Friday. Friday noon, we're taking the girls out of school early (noonish) and we're heading to Okla. I'll blog while I'm gone, and then blog when I get back about the birthday party Sheila was trying to plan.

The weather here is still nice. We've decided to start eating out on the patio as often as we can. It was a little windy tonight, but not like we couldn't keep our napkins on the table. Gary still cooks breakfast every morning, but Angie and I went out to Casa Milagro for lunch. She got brisket tacos, but I had jalapeno stuffed shrimp with grilled vegetables. Yummy, as Morgan would say. I got Dad a hamburger at Purdy's on the way home. Therefore he nor I were really hungry, so poor Gary had leftover tortilla soup for supper. I had a little also, but all Dad ate was lemon pie (old fashioned with a top crust) a la mode. Get this.... Gary got the munchies around 8 tonight so he went to the store and came home with pumpkin pie. Yup, the three of us had pumpkin pie with whipped cream for snack.

Damn..... oink oink oink..... all the way home.

'll-iay ost-pay ater-lay (that's PIG latin for I'll post later - Okie style)

No comments: