I have no idea where the week has gone. We gals got together Wed. evening and headed to Chamberlin's Chop House. It is one NICE place..... well it is EXPENSIVE. Most of the entrees are close to $30. Salads range from $8 to $15. Side dishes run anywhere from $6 to $10. Wine.... don't even go there. Sue bought a bottle for her, Margie and Sheila, and it probably cost her $50. I got a salad for $15.... it was a crab cake on pecan slaw. I tried it because it was different. Then I got the market special..... fish with shrimp sauce, tortellini, asparagus and shrimp, iced tea, and a margarita. Margie got the same entree, but she had lobster bisque. Gerry got prime rib and I can't remember he side dish or what she had for an appetizer of salad. Sue got steak with a side of mushrooms, and her salad???. Sheila got prime rib and fauxtatos (cauliflower). I do remember she got a goat cheese spinach salad (always reminds me of France).
Everyone enjoyed their meal. Margie and I took half of ours home. As a surprise, the girls had them serve me a creme brulee with blackberries. It was delicious, and the five of us shared it, along with a cup of coffee. My bill was well over our $50 gift certificate that all but Sue had. I don't know about anyone else, but after the drinks and coffee and dessert...... we had to be over quite a bit. Sue didn't have a gift certificate, so she paid her bill separate. They actually didn't charge the four of us any additional money. The waiter said they picked it up because we hadn't gone over all that much. Was that cool, or what?
Let's see....what else is new....
Gary is taking Dad to Houston tomorrow for a Bar-B-Q cook off that the construction industry has every year. Bellows (where he retired from) sends him tickets. I took him last year, but Gary is going to do it this year. Thank goodness.... I had enough car time last week at Big Bend. I am sort of excited to have the house to myself for a change.
Gary T. is off to Las Vegas. Gerry is off to her house in Ruidoso. Sheila is working again, but only part time. Sue planted a vegetable garden and it survived the snow. Margie and I are playing in the FGA tournament on Sunday. I don't remember if Sheila is or not. Then Monday, I'll rest up, cause Margie and I are playing Tuesday and Wednesday at Horseshoe Bay. Tuesday will be our practice round and we're in a tournament on Wednesday. I just hope I do half way decent. Of course, I haven't been playing or practicing. I guess I'll go tomorrow and hit a few balls to get ready.
That's it for now. I need to get to work on the Big Bend Pictures some more. I'm now down to a few less than 500. UGH!








No comments:
Post a Comment