Angie, Chloe, Morgan and I are in San Antonio right now. We are headed for Big Bend State Park. That's where we decided to spend Spring Break. It's a girls-only trip. We do have fun on these. We left yesterday afternoon at 1pm, and got into the hotel around 7pm. I swear.... I don't know how Ralph & Margie can make the trip all the time to Horseshoe Bay. The traffic on I35 is the worst ever! We sat on the interstate in the same spot for what seemed like hours. All because 4 lanes merged into 2. Thank goodness Angie's google app on her iPhone showed us the heavy traffic areas, and alternate routes. It did save us some time, but it did take us a while to figure out how to use it. We ended up taking the Pickle Parkway Toll Road to by-pass Austin and most of the traffic. Still, it was a long drive. Got me down in my back.... but that was from driving and sitting on the interstate without taking enough breaks.
We checked out the Riverwalk last night. We also shopped the souvenier shops. I got a cookbook and an Xmas ornament. We have our room at the Courtyard Mariott, and it's really nice. We are packing up for our LONG drive to Big Bend, where we're staying at the Chios Lodge. Angie will probably do most of the driving today. I don't know if we'll be able to blog while we're there, as it it NOT in AT&T wi-fi coverage area.Monday, March 15, 2010
ON THE ROAD AGAIN.....
Saturday, I played golf in the AT&T Leagues Polar Bear Golf Tournament. It ended up being a pretty nice day. I also didn't play all that bad. I tied for 1st place low net with my gross 96 net 76, but lost a scorecard playoff, so I came in 3rd place. I'm still proud of myself. I putted rather well, and played half way decent. Gary T. didn't fare so well. I was supposed to see if he beat Carlos, but they both left right after they finished playing, so I don't know who won their bet.
Sheila didn't play, as she and Mark went to the St. Patrick's Day parade. I don't know if they had more fun than I did, but they did send me some pictures that I can't post because they have adult nudity. Here is one that IS safe to post.... cute couple....no?
I am going to close, but no bumper sticker, cause I'm using Angie's computer. Later......
This failed to post from San Antonio.......just now getting it done.....Sorry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment