We made it home safe and sound Friday evening. We stopped at Fossil Rim in Glen Rose to do the Wild Life Exhibit. What normally takes 1 1/2 hours took 4. UGH! They did tell Angie (she had to wait 1/2 hour in line to get tickets...that was after waiting on the highway 1/2 hour to get into the park) that it was a day that set their record for attendance. Anyway, that's another long story. I didn't unpack the car or anything. As a matter of fact, if Dad hadn't developed a problem with his hand bleeding for 2 days straight, I wouldn't have gotten anywhere near a car. As it was, I needed to go to the doctor anyway about my cold/sinus issues. Thank goodness our regular doctor was working Saturday. Gary took Dad in on Friday, but he needed a follow up, and the doctor asked him to have me bring him. She is
soooo cool. Anyway, I got my steroids, etc., Dad got his skin cauterized (spelling???) for the 3rd time, and we came home.
I began the long process of going thru 20000000 pictures from our trip. Here's the scoop. Angie took one camera and two lenses. I took 2 cameras for me. Chloe took her camera. Morgan took a video camera. EVERYONE TOOK AT LEAST 25 PICTURES OF EACH THING TO MAKE SURE THEY GOT A GOOD SHOT. We used 10, 000 batteries in my camera, the DS Lites, the flashlights, the mp3's, the video camera, and of course the headphones for the DVD player. Thank goodness I had a battery charger, 3 iPhone chargers, 2 power converters, PC converters...... I'm amazed none of us got shocked.
The medicine the doctor gave me kept me from sleeping last night, so I was awake when the snow started. Here is a picture that was taken at 11:45 pm. REMEMBER..... it was the first day of Spring.

Being bored, and somewhat creative, I decided to build a snowman. Make that a snow girl. I figured it wouldn't last thru the night, so I took a picture. Does anyone know why snowman is one word, but snow girl and snow people are two words? Guess Webster is a little out of tune.

Beautiful as she is..... with toothpick arms ( I always wanted slim firm arms ), caper eyes, and pimento lips, Girl Scout Samoa Cookie hat (the top is a lid from the liquid smoke), and paper scarf. Course, the boobs are kinda saggy and uneven, and she's bigger on the bottom than on the top. Hey man, it was cold! Anyway, the hat blew off, and I realized I needed the cap for the liquid smoke, cause it smells, and would go bad. I had to go OFF the damned deck to find it in the snow. I did succeed, so now the kitchen is back in order, and won't smell like smoke.
Went to bed around 5:30 am, got to sleep around 6:30, and the girls called and woke me up at 7:30 wanting Papa Gary to play in the snow. They brought donuts over (total of 2 which I ate before anyone else saw them) and headed out, without Papa Gary to build snow people. I took more pix.

The snow evidently drove in the Eastern Blue Birds, cause our elm tree was full of them around 9am. I got out the camera, cause we just never see them. Now for all you Canadian nit-pickers (you know who you are) If this isn't an Eastern Blue Bird, don't blame me. It is just like the picture in my birds of Texas book. Oops, never mind.... it's not a hocky bird so you all won't know about it anyway. It also doesn't drink beer, which is another area of your expertise. Guess I'm safe.


The snow has yet to melt, and it's still beautiful, but on the windy side. I am going to unload my car, clean house, and start on the pictures again. I'll post them as soon as I have them narrowed to my favorite 1500. I'm sure you are waiting on pins and needles.
Sheila, Margie, Gerry and I are going out to dinner Wed. night to spend our gift certificates before they expire. I'll take pictures of that, and post them right away. I spoke to Sheila on the phone yesterday for almost an hour. Yes, it really was not-the-talker Sheila. I had to fill her in on the complex and trip so that she and Sue can plan a hike trip. Course, we may have talked about something else.......
Anyway, later, and I'm going to work on the trip pictures in every spare moment I have.
Here's your sticker....

No comments:
Post a Comment