Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Gary involved in hit and run

It finally happened to Gary. He was riding his scooter last night and had an accident. Thank goodness he wasn't hurt. I don't know about the other party. We're presuming they weren't hurt. They were probably drunk or on drugs.
Gary was minding his own business, riding on his side of the park trail next to our neighborhood, when out of nowhere an armadillo came out from behind a tree and cut right in front of Gary.


Gary couldn't stop and his front wheel hit the armadillo right in the butt. Gary stopped as soon as he could, but after a two foot high jump, the armadillo just kept on going. Gary decided not to call the police or the Richardson Parks Department. It could have been so much worse. Gary worked on the scooter today, and it's good as new.

The Mechanic

The only other new thing is that I went to the heart doctor's office at 10:45 for a stress test. By the way, it was a chemical test. Thank goodness they have new drugs, cause this one was pretty much pain free. Also, the actual "stress test" only lasts about 2 minutes. Of course, the radio active isotope x-ray portion is still a long time. Get this. After the first portion, they had me go eat something. They asked that I eat maybe a cheeseburger, fries, and maybe a shake for lunch. When has YOUR heart doctor ever asked you to eat grease and cholesterol?

After lunch, I went back for the second portion. That was fairly quick.... then I sat and waited on the results. I met with the doctor.... I passed with flying colors, and I was out of his office at 4pm. What a long day.

That's enough excitement for a while. It's pouring cats and dogs outside. Ah.... the Texas weather.

BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments: