Saturday, September 25, 2010

Update on Dad

I haven't been able to blog like I should. As you know, I took Dad to the hospital Tuesday, and got him home Thursday night. His pneumoenia is no longer showing on the x-ray, but he's still taking antibiotics for the next 6 days. He has had a couple of really bad days. Today, was his best since he came home. He is so much worse than he was before he had his pace maker replaced. I don't know if he'll come back to where he was or not. He is so weak, and his attention span is reallly short, and he's really confused at times. Dad was going to introduce Janice (his daughter, my sister...) to Eric (my son-in-law of about 10 years), cause he didn't remember that they knew each other, but he couldn't remember either person's name.

Janice flew in today, and she'll stay for a week. She wanted a chance to visit with Dad. Football was on, so she didn't get to visit much with him. But, we all had an enjoyable dinner together...Angie and her family and us. Dad is doing physical therapy, but it's really just stretching exercises.

That's about it. Janice and I spent the evening shopping at Coldwater Creek. I saved $700, but I'm not sure how much Janice saved. I had to open a credit card to get my last few bucks, but whatever. I now have MORE black slacks. Are you sitting down? I actually ordered brown cargo pants. I had to get the brown pants so I could buy a necklace that I fell in love with. It's a geode, with brown tones in it. They had blue (my favorite color), but it wasn't as pretty. We didn't bring our bags in, cause Gary was still up, and I didn't want to go there. Honestly, he'd not say anything, but it's so much more fun to be secretive.

That's it for now. I'm expecting my step-brother in tomorrow to visit with Dad. That should be fun, as he's never been to my house before.

I did talk to Sheila today. She's out of bed, but now has vertigo. Seems like she gets more bad colds than anyone I know.... well except for Chloe and Morgan. GET WELL SHEILA! I called her so she could send out an e-blast about me canceling the couples golf tournament. Too much rain last night and this morning.

Later......

No comments: