Monday, September 27, 2010

Monday with Dad and Janice

Today, Dad's having a better day. He doesn't remember anything about his dementia diagnosis. I guess ignorance is bliss. Like Dad said, if I could remember I had dementia, then I would not really have dementia... right? Well, Janice and I had to agree. So much for trying to discuss his illness with him.

My Dad legally adopted his step-son, Don. Yesterday, Don came by for a surprise visit. Dad couldn't remember his name, but did remember that he'd known him for year... just couldn't remember how he met him. Anyway, they had a good visit. Today, Dad did remember him, and also the fact that he'd been by for a visit. Maybe it's progress, but who knows.

Janice and I spent yesterday shopping at Coldwater Creek. We took advantage of all the sales. We went again this morning. Here is our outfit for today.

We're waiting for Angie to come by (she's getting off work) so we gals can go enjoy MORE Rita's in the fresh air. Today, we're going to Casa Millagro. I may have to have a Michalada Corona. They make the best ones in town. When we get back, I'll finish this blog and post it. Who knows, I may have some good photo ops while there.

We had lots of photo ops, but I didn't take any pictures. We ate on the partio, cause it was so beautiful outside. I did partake of one Michalada Corona and one margarita. Then, right after we ate, the doctor called and told me I'd missed my doctor's appointment, and could I come in. Whoops.... too much on my mind. I think everything went okay, but I've got to get all the blood work done tomorrow.

Spoke with Gary T and Carlos S about our outing to Glen Rose. I think I'm driving this year, cause my car is the largest. Three people, three golf bags, and 3 cases of beer.... it gets tight. We had a nice dinner at home tonight, I actually cooked. Gary ran off to a soccer game Morgan had, and Dad is happily watching NFL. Thank goodness Monday Night Football is back. Later, and I'll see what excitement tomorrow holds.

No comments: