Janice went back to Houston Wednesday. Wednesday evening, I packed for Glen Rose, the AT&T golf tournament. Sheila, Gary T and I left yesterday morning. We met Carlos here (he drove his own car up). We played a game with just the four of us prior to the Tournament Shoot Out. I didn't win any skins, so I won't discuss that.
At 4pm, we started the shoot out. Carlos and I were in the same group, and Sheila and Gary were in the other group. The object is to never have the highest score on a hole. The person with the highest score is eliminated on each hole. There were 9 holes for each group. The last person not eliminated in each group went to the final and played each other. I won my group, and played the winner of Sheila and Gary T's group. I got one stroke on the hole (it's handicapped) and we both shot a par. Because I got one stroke, I won. That was $160. Yippee!
Today was an individual stroke play. I won $38 for closest to the pin on one of four par 3's. I also shot an 86, net 68 to tie for first place in my flight. I lost the score card playoff, so I basically got 2nd place. That was worth $50. Sheila, Gary T and Carlos didn't win anything today.
Tomorrow we have 2 more events, and hopefully I'll win again, and they'll win something. I'm not in the same flight as them. Sheila is in the A flight (cause she's the better golfer), then Gary T and Carlos are in the B flight. Just lowly ol me in the C flight. I'm a VERY happy camper.
I would have updated this blog last night, but AT&T is the cell service provider for this area, and they had NO service. This morning, Carlos and I started calling people to complain. We got it fixed by 3pm this afternoon. The hotel, the golf course guys, and all the people here at the hotel were thanking the two of us. Carlos got the job done, to be honest. He works for the executive over cell service. Anyway, THANK YOU CARLOS. I was lost without my phone.
The hotel has an electric marquee (spelling?) that has a rolling light up sign. They had...
"WELCOME AT&T......... CONNIE BEAT LYNCH....." on their marquee, advertising that I'd won the shoot out. It was soooo funny!
That's it for now. I'm in the lobby blogging, Sheila and Gary T are yacking away with some of the guys. That's it for now. I'll update tomorrow......
Friday, October 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment