Monday, October 25, 2010

MONDAY - Fresh Start

Our week has gotten off to a busy start. I got up around 7, Janice around 7:30, Gary around 8, and Dad around 9. I actually made coffee this morning. No, I am NOT going to do it every morning, it's exhausting. I read the paper and drank coffee while Gary and Janice picked up the house so the house keepers won't think we're slobs. I'm not sure it worked, but it's the thought that counts.
At 9 am, the house keepers and the torture lady, I mean the physical therapy lady came. The house keepers did their thing, and the PT lady started her thing. She poked, prodded, and actually got me to where I can life my leg straight up from a full extension laying down, to 3 inches off the floor. It was pure agony to get it done. Was she happy? NO! The bitch put a one and half pound weight on it and had me do it again..... 5 reps. Sweating and cursing, I did it. Was she happy? NO! The *%^#@ bitch put another one and half pound weight on it. Yup, THREE FRIGGIN POUNDS. Again, 5 reps. Finally, she confirmed she had no more weights in her bag. Home free..... well not really. I had to do 5 more reps with only the one weight. Then five more with no weight.
Then we actually started doing squats. Well, my but actually lowered about 3 inches. THAT was torture. When she was completely satisfied that she'd made it almost impossible to walk, she put me on crutches for a test. I walked sooo much better. TADA! I've graduated from walker to two crutches. She finally left, and our day began.
I gave Janice a map to the post office, and I got cleaned up and dressed while she went there. Then, the two of us went shopping at FW Town Centre. First stop.... Coldwater Creek. Here is my picture......



No, I don't actually go into the shops, I just wait in the car with the AC running. After that, we were off to lunch at Casa Millagro. I had half a Michalada Carona, one enchilada and a bowl of tortilla soup, and she had two enchiladas rice and beans and a frozen Margarita. I got extremely tired, and we almost called it a day. Just a couple more stops..... the medical supply store. Here's my pix....

Then 7-11 for her some cigarettes....

Then the bank, then home. Whew... I took a 2 hour nap. Shopping is sooooo exhausting. I forgot to post a picture of Janice yesterday, so I need to do one of her.

I know, it's hard to believe she's actually 3 years younger than I am. But, it's true.
That's about it for now. My big outing wore me out. I'm staying home tomorrow while Janice goes shopping alone.

No comments: