Surgery was a breeze..... slept right thru it.
Started walking with a walker the day after surgery.
Came home Saturday evening.
Got up Sunday, and Dad started in on me. Welcom to the real world! I won't go in to that mess.
Sunday evening, started having trouble walking more than 10 feet at a time. My chest felt like it was going to explode every time my heart beat. Off to the ER with Angie.
They determined no blood clot, no pneumonia. News flash. If you have surgery and have not been released, the only doctor that can treat you is the surgeon. That's who they referred me to.
Monday, I'm still in severe pain when I walk, I call the surgeon's office. He's off, and they refer me to my primary care physician. Angie and I get copies of all the ER workups, and off we go to Dr. Moolamalla. She took all the results, listened extensively to my heart, and called my heart doctor. I am anemic due to the surgery.... blood platelate count or something like that is a 9, and 8 is when you get a transfusion. More medicine. I also have fluid in my pericardial sac.... scuse the spelling. More medicine.
I will say that today, I actually started feeling some what better. Now, it only hurts my back and knee when I try and walk. I still consume a lot of pain pills. I am still extremely tired, but the chest pounding has stopped, pretty much.
I'm still not making phone calls. Angie thinks I'm depressed (gee... I wonder why) so she's informed me that the girls will take care of nursing me in the afternoons. I wonder who they'll spend more time with... me, or papa Gary. Yeah.. it was a stupid question. Later...
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment