Saturday, October 30, 2010

HALLOWEEN EVE

In order to keep my sanity, I'm attempting to blog every day. It will be boring (not that they aren't anyway), but it my self imposed therapy.

Here is a picture of Chloe at one of their home coming parades. She worked on the floats. I'm sure you can see her. Yes, that's her by the far right paw print, with the white blob (looks sort of like cotton candy) next to her. She is growing up so fast. makes me sad.

This is how I spent the afternoon today. Yup, Dad fell again. Gary had gone to watch Morgan play soccer. As he left, I told Dad I'd taken a pain pill and wanted to take a nap, and that if he was going to walk the dog, I wanted it to be while I was awake. Off they went. About 20 minutes later, I heard the door open, and Dad called out.... "I'm home, made it safe and sound to the park and back." Then I heard the crash and him saying "Well shit!" Went in and he was flat on the floor. After a quick check, I determined that he didn't appear to have any broken bones, and had again, cut his forearms and hands, probably on the brick pillar by the front door. I gave him a pillow to put under his head, covered him with a blanket, then "crutched" across the street. Second try yielded a neighbor that was home. He got his son in law, and they moved Dad to his chair. I called Gary, who came home without seeing any of the game, and we took him to the ER. All is okay.... just bad cuts on his hands and arms.

The family Halloween madness has started. Chloe is off to Girl Scout Camp with Angie, and Morgan is home with Eric. Chloe is supposed to dress up as Abbey, from NCIS. Not sure how that's going, but Morgan is ready. She has a SWAT team outfit. She doesn't want to carry a gun, but as she says, she knows Karate. After soccer, Eric took her to a Halloween party. Here are a couple of pictures he sent me.


Dang, all we did when I was a kid was go house to house, then to the city party where they served cookies and punch. Then, the apple bobbing began. If you didn't drown, you got to attempt to bite an apple hanging from a tree by a piece of string. I always won, but I also always cheated by using my hand when I thought no one was looking.

Gary is off to buy me a moisture heating pad. I've been using my "Lava Bun" statium seat cushion. I have a heating pad someplace, just don't feel like looking for it. Dad is currently watching football. That's it for now, I'm off to do my exercises again.

Later


No comments: