Tuesday, October 12, 2010

OPERATION EVE

Last night, Sheila, Margie, Sue and I went to dinner as a last hurrah for me. Well, for a while anyway. We went to Zandee's or something like that for Vietnamese food. We all drank a little wine, yacked, and had a great time. The food was really good. I know we had catfish with mango salsa and shrimp fried rolls for apps. Then for dinner, we all shared tastes of our dishes with each other. Margie (think cajun) got shrimp fried rice, Sheila had a beef salad, Sue had salmon, and I had chicken lemongrass something. All were delicious. I think Sheila's was the most surprising dish. We couldn't identify what was in it... it was sort a sweet beef dish. We were guessin beef, sugar, cilantro, vegetables, onion, etc. In reality, it was beef, BASIL sugar, onions and other stuff. The basil was definitely identifiable if you tasted only the basil. If you took a bite of it with everything else, you'd never know what it was. It was cool They weren't very busy.... so I'm not sure how long they'll be in business. However, if you are in the area, it is worth a stop.

I'm not sure if "operation eve" is a real word or not, but I'm using it. Today Angie and I attended our knee-replacement school. Wow, I already knew about 90% of the stuff they covered. Guess if you'd never had any surgery it would be good. What they told me would happen doesn't jive 100% with what the anesthelogist told me. She said she would put a block in my groin area and the entire leg "should" be numb for 24 hours. Hence, no getting out of bed until it regains feeling. That and the manual pain pump should keep me comfortable, but no guarantees. Me thinks it maybe gonna hurt! Me thinks it maybe bonna hurt big time.

Well, at least Angie will be there to help me. She does NOT like to see me suffer. I got the toilet here ready to go, and she's getting me a power recliner moved into the bedroom. Guess she's telling Eric and Gary what she wants done before I come home. They today said that instead of me paying $100 for me to have a 2 room suite, it's been reduced to $50 per day. That's good news. We did see the room. Mine is a regular hospital room, but it has french doors that open into her room. She has a futon type sofa that makes into a bed, a recliner, a tv, a fridge, 2 chairs and her own bath, That will mean she won't have to wake up every time they come in to check on me.

After class, we had lunch at Cheddars. We then went to Target. I couldn't find the house coat section, nor anyone who could tell me if they even had one. I decided to blow it off, and just wait for Angie who was buying for the girls. I got bored and decided to call Target Corporate offices and complain. I had to press a zillion buttons before I could get a live person. Once I got him, I'm not sure because of his heavy accent, but I think he needed the address of the store. I told him I didn't know it, but gave him the main intersection of Hwy 190 and Garland Rd. He didn't know what I was talking about. Finally he told me to get a sales clerk. I told him that was why I was calling, they had no one to assist me. He kept apologizing.... finally I asked him where he was located. He said in the corporate offices. I asked again WHERE he was located, and he said the corporate offices are located in Indiana or something like that. I finally said what city are you personally sitting in, and he said New Deli, India. I asked for someone in the corporate office, and he said it could transfer me, but it would take a long time for anyone to answer. Well, at least he knew what that meant. I sat and held the ringing phone to my ear for about 10 minutes more waiting on Angie to check out. When she finished, I hung up and never spoke to Target again. That's my last time for that store.

Frank, my step-father that lives between homes in Cushing, Ok, and Canon City, Colo. came in this afternoon as a surprise for me. He's here for my b-day and surgery. Talk about kill two birds with one stone! The clan (Angie and her family, Gary and Dad and I) took Frank out to eat at Picasso's. Gertie wasn't there but we had good service and as always, fantastic food. I took a bottle of French Wine. Only Eric, Frank and I drank wine. We came home, and now I've got to get busy and pack my stuff.

GOOD NEWS!!!!
My surgery got moved this evening from 3:30 pm tomorrow up to 1:30 pm. That is great news, cause it's a 3 1/2 to 4 hour procedure. If the people in front of me have a problem during the surgery, it would delay my start time. I am so happy it has been moved up. I'm first up for the afternoon.

That's it. Angie will keep the blog updated, I'm sure. Oh, I almost forgot. Gary had Angie and I go select me a new camera. I got one that does HD movies in the HD mode, and in the MP4 mode. The Kodak only supports .mov format, and it's not compatible with any of my movie software. It's been a real hassle to convert them, cause it eats up so much PC memory. I tried it out on a couple of shots, but really just playing with it. Angie and I will figure it out later.

Take care.....later

No comments: