We celebrated Morgan’s 8th birthday Saturday night. She “had” to go to Shogun’s Restaurant in McKinney. I wasn’t really looking forward to it, but was I ever surprised. We had a great time. I’d forgotten how much fun the chef makes it. Eric, Angie, Chloe, Morgan, Melissa (Gary’s daughter), Gary and I all had good food. Thank you Papa Gary!

Our chef was the best. He threw fire at my camera (on video), etc. to make it special for us. He even let Morgan try a trick on the grill with an egg that he spun on oil, then lite. Of course, she dropped the egg, and thus..... the fried rice began.


We shared most of our entrees. We dined on salmon, chicken, and Black Angus Filet as entrees. Then the app’s were shrimp, salad and soup. Of course, Morgan got her birthday treat. Here are some pictures.

The girls came out and sang "Happy Birthday" with us, then they beat the drum and sang something else...... I have no idea what... but it was NOT in English.

Of course, they also served her a birthday Fried Ice Cream treat.

Chloe was impressed when Morgan found the wad of money in the bag.

We left for home to complete the celebration. Eric donned Morgan's Magician Hat for the ride home. He looks like something from Willie Wonka's Chocolate Factory..... agree?

We came home and had birthday cookie. We gave Morgan a bag with 50 one dollar bills and some other stuff inside. Gary had also taken her to Six Flags for her birthday. Just the two of them. She learned how to ride the roller coaster. They didn’t do the gigantic ones, but they did ride several roller coaster rides. Gary spent only $5 on the contest where you swing a sledge hammer onto a platform and if you ring the bell, you win a large prize. Well, on his first try, he won her a giant Scooby Doo stuffed animal. What luck. Guess all that scooter riding kept him in shape.

Stella was NOT impressed with the stuffed Scooby Doo........ she knows she's got it made. This is her sleeping in Mimi's bed.





Yesterday, Sunday morning was uneventful. Today, I’m at the doctor’s office with Dad while I blog. We’re at the dermatologist, and from here we go to the heart doctor. What would it be like if neither one of us had a doctors appointment in any given week? Guess it’ll be a while before we find out. He’s having a lot of pain still in his ribs. He’s really black and blue. I put an ice pack on him for the ride here. We’re about 30 minutes from the house.
He felt so bad this morning, the housekeeper couldn’t do his rooms, cause he wanted to stay in bed. Hopefully it won’t be much longer before he’s better. Guess that’s it for now. I’ll upload this and all the pictures once I get home.
Later…..
No comments:
Post a Comment