Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Rested from Vegas



Well, after sleeping almost all weekend, I feel soooo much better. It's hard keeping up with Sheila and Mel in Vegas. Yesterday, I did manage to get my fat butt off the couch long enough to cook. Gary spend most of the weekend with Morgan at the lake. He was making it special for her since Chloe was at the lake all weekend with one of her friends. So, I get a recipe, get out the new rotisserie for my recently purchased new Weber grill. Yeah, easy recipe, just need a "roasting hen". Get all the goodies from Tom Thumb, and start the grill warming up while I put the chicken on the pit thingy.

Dave Cummins and his new wife Cheryl come over for a visit. A couple of beers later, he asked me to come to his rental house next door and see how the renters left it. It was a mess. We discussed all his options, then they left, leaving me a door key.

Came back home, whoops, need to get that chicken on. I put it on the grill, and start veggies. Hear a funny noise, look outside and see smoke rolling out of the grill. Went out, and the temp. was 1,000 degrees. It was in the red line..... and by the way, it's natural gas grill, so it was as high as it would go. I started to turn the knobs off to stop the gas flow, and I realize it's on pre-heat, which puts it on maximum output for the 3 burners, and the searing unit. Here's a pix of the result.....






I ended up sending Gary back to the store for another roasting hen. Unfortunately (maybe it was a sub-conscious decision on Gary's part) he returned with a frozen hen. I ended up making terriyaki salmon (I did NOT grill it), chipolte sweet tater fries, and an Asian salad. Gary couldn't quit bragging on how good dinner was. Guess the only way to get compliments here is to burn the crap out of something. Dang, wish I'd thought of this earlier. I could have frozen the hen and used it as a prop for future threats. I must say, dinner was good. Bad news? Yup, I've been thawing that hen in the fridge, so it should be ready for a spin on the new spit.


JOYCE - SHEILA SAID FOR ME TO ASK YOU FOR GUIDANCE.... SEND RECIPES FOR THE SPIT FOOD.


Sheila swapped email addresses with a lady that was with us for the scooter tour, and she received this picture yesterday.



What's funny about this, is that during orientation, they told us that if we had a problem, to use our horn. In case that didn't work, we were to have the passenger waive their arms above their head (this was to keep the driver in control of the vehicle at all times) as a signal to the tail escort. If you'll note, Sheila is waiving like a fool at the people taking our picture, and the tail escort, Eli, is yelling at us to pull over or else stop waiving. We had this problem quite a few times, as Sheila was either waving at someone, or drying her armpits about every 15 minutes. I think that's why they moved us from the front group to the last place, in front of the tail escort.


That's all that's exciting here. I keep trying to figure out how to post my pix to apple's ME.COM website that I pay to use. I can put them there, but haven't been able to share them. Hopefully, I'll resolve that soon and post the link here.


One good thing, after my fiasco getting thru security, one of my friends emailed me this...


She grasped me firmly, but gently, just above my elbow and guided me aside.Then she quietly apologized cause we weren’t alone. She approached me soundlessly, from behind, and spoke in a low, reassuring voice close to my ear. "Just relax." Without warning, she reached down and I felt her strong, calloused hands start at my ankles, gently probing, and moving upward along my calves, slowly but steadily. My breath caught in my throat.I knew I should be afraid, but somehow I didn't care. Her touch was so experienced, so sure. When her hands moved up onto my thighs, I gave a slight shudder, and partly closed my eyes. My pulse was pounding. I felt her knowing fingers caress my abdomen, my ribcage. And then, as she cupped my not-so-firm, full breasts in her hands, I inhaled sharply. Probing, searching, knowing what she wanted, she brought her hands to my shoulders, slid them down my tingling spine and into my panties.
Although I knew nothing about her, I felt oddly trusting and expectant. This is a woman, I thought. A woman used to taking charge. A woman not used to taking 'No' for an answer. A woman who would tell me what she wanted. A woman who would look into my soul and say . . . ..



“YOU MAY NOW CONTINUE TO YOUR GATE AND BOARD THE DEPARTING DALLAS FLIGHT.”


Guess I'd better quit with that. Chat with ya tomorrow.......-

No comments: