Went to the doctor yesterday. They injected steroids and also did a nerve block in my back. They are trying to fix my "sympathetic nerve". They think that is causing my hip and knee pain. Yes, there really is a nerve call that. Anyway, they put you in twilight to do it.... not really asleep, not really awake. All you know is they say here comes a big stick, and there is, but then they say they're finished. I have no idea what happened. I did come home and slept off and on almost all afternoon, the unfortunately, was awake all last night.
I managed to stay awake today, cept for an hour nap, which the grandkids interrupted. It's probably just as well, cause here I am, it 11:00 pm, and I'm wide awake. Oh well. Chloe came over tonight and we worked on her final school project. We made a huge Starbucks Mocha Frappacino (sp?) and a basket of healthy breakfast food...cereal, milk and an apple. She drew two small children on a poster, and said "Stop hunger in America". The Starbucks cost more than a good breakfast for a child. Her theme.... give up one Starbucks a day and feed a child. Oh well, it was a lot more fun that it sounds like.
Didn't play golf with the FWGA today, and it's probably just as well. I'd have done terribly. I'm going to play tomorrow at 10 am with Sheila. I'm in a tournament Sat and Sun, so I definitely need the practice. I have done some housework this week, but still have not unpacked from Vegas. Maybe I'll just keep it packed in case I need to go again, or Sheila invites me again to Shreveport. I still have a few dollars left to gamble. That is on my agenda to do Saturday. Clean up my closet AGAIN, and get all my clothes washed. I don't really get behind, just two loads, whites and colored. I always do the sheets on Monday morning cause the house keeper comes on that day.
I did make another chicken on the spit. It was sooooo good. However, Gary was concerned that it was raw cause it was so juicy. The girls loved it. I did also. However, Joyce didn't tell me, nor did Sheila, that I needed a drip pan under the chicken, cause it dripped fat all over the grill. I spent over an hour getting the extra crispy fat off the burners and flavor bars. It was a real mess. Gary pointed out that the roasting hen I bought cost $11 (not counting the first one that was just under $10) and I can buy one already cooked at Sam's for $5. He doesn't think it was THAT much better than Sam's, especially considering the price. He's right. However, next time I'll try a fryer and see if it grills ok. The butcher told me a regular fryer would fall apart on the spit. Wait, I'll try beer butt chicken next. I'll blog and let you know how it goes. I may do that Sun evening.
Nothing else exciting going on. I'm going to was the final American Idol again. The girls watch it every time they come over. They like seeing Bono and Lady Gaga. Don't ask me why. They also LOVE Scottie.... yup, he's a hottie. Later,
Thursday, June 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment