Friday, July 15, 2011

Busy BUSY Friday

Gosh.... what a hectic past few days. I bought a new mattress set for the bedroom last week. All is cool, cause I got a great deal. They were supposed to deliver it yesterday. I had to remove my four poster bed and sleep number mattress to make room for the new one. I say that, cause if you don't know it, a sleep number bed has pump and wires everywhere. Anyway, Gary was pissed that I spent a couple of thousand dollars on a mattress set.

The girls were so excited, especially Chloe, since she helped me pick it out. Recap - I wanted two twin beds with electric motors so we could independently raise or lower the head and foot of the bed. The massage was just a little extra. When they sit side by side, they look just like a king size bed. So, both girls spend the night Wednesday, so they could be here.

The big day came, and so did the truck. They unloaded something, but NOT what I wanted. They had me go ahead and sign for it, and told me to go back to the store, that they just do delivery. SEARS..... don't even try to get customer service.... you'll talk to people who hang up on you if you tell them you don't understand their English. Off to the store I go. I talk to the clerk that was on duty, and she remembered me buying the mattress sets, but she was NOT the salesperson I used. I showed her the receipt. I got just what I paid for.... two basic iComfort twin beds. Get this.... it was the correct mattress, but the box springs were not the correct ones. So, I now have a $1700 set of twin mattresses. She rewrote the order, and I paid her an additional $3400 just to get the bottom box spring things that contain the electric motor, etc..

Ok, I already know Gary is gonna be pissed, so I decide not to tell him. I did tell him the truth, sorta.... they delivered the wrong bed. Anyway, today I started getting things ready for our outing to Austin for the Pub Crawl. I was off shopping, and when I came home, he asked if I used my credit card, and did I have anything I wanted to tell him. I did answer honestly "No Gary, there's nothing I want to tell you." (Shit, no kidding.... why piss him off just before our out of town trip together. I mean, I am not stupid.) He finally told me he had gone online today and made a payment on my credit card, and it accepted the online payment, but showed two new charges posted, and one of them was the bed. BUSTED! Now, he can't make another payment for 3 days. On and on. He's finally settled down. I explained it this way.... " I wanted the damned bed. NOW, let's just hope it doesn't hurt my back. "

I picked up my gifts for the Pub Crawl contest and the golf contest. Can't say what they are, cause someone might read the blog. They're both nice prizes. This time, I'm going to try and win one for myself. Hell, maybe I'll get lucky and win both.... no, that can't happen the way I've set it up.

I've charged my cameras, printed all my groupons we're going to use, now I just have to pack. I will definitely have some good pictures to post next Monday. That's it for now.... it's hotter than hell here in Texas.

I know you're waiting on your paraprosdokian, and this sorta hit close to home today....

When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water

No comments: