Monday, July 11, 2011

Potty Weekend


Well, Potty Weekend described what I did. I decided it was time to redo the bathroom. When we bought the house 11 years ago, it had a baby blue toilet and sink in the guest bath. Well, I'm not sure where time has gone, but I decided it was time to get rid of it. Chloe came over, spent the night, and off we went shopping on Friday. Here is a before....



Oh, there was a brown and blue paisley wall paper job when we moved in, but I plastered the walls and stenciled the walls to match some towels I found. Cheap and quick.


Well, while we were shopping Saturday, we found the right faucet and mirror. We also got new toilet paper holder, towel bar and pictures. Sunday, we painted. Sunday, we also decided we didn't like anything except the faucet and mirror. However, we did like the paint.



Yes, the blue toilet is still there, but the white one is in the garage. It's been there a couple of years, but I did finally buy a white sink. Sheila had given me one, but it got broken before we got it installed. Anyway...... I'm waiting right now for Gary to install the light fixture I bought. It's too dark to do the rest of the work. I thought he'd put the sink in today, but no.


Saturday, Chloe and I also bought a new mattress set for my bedroom. Gary and I both have back problems, and our current "Sleep Number" bed isn't cutting the mustard. So, I previous mentioned an electrical unit that raises head and/or legs, massages, etc. Well, we found the perfect solution to our problems. I bought two twin bed units. Now, wait... I know that sounds weird but listen.....


If put side by side, they're just a tad larger than a king size bed. I plan on putting them together, and using the king size bedding, drapes, etc. that I just bought a couple of months ago. My reason is.... if I wanted to sleep with my legs elevated, if it was one bed, Gary would probably not want to do it. And of course, vice versa. This way, we can each find what works best for us. I did NOT buy the Temperpedic, cause the king bed was $4,000. The two twin units I bought were Serta iComfort beds. They were 1/2 the price of the Temperpedic. Gary didn't seem too upset. Course, I gave him the cash for everything I bought. Well, it may have been short by $200, but I was really close. So much for the extra cash I had.


Today, Angie, Chloe, Morgan and I took back the stuff we bought Saturday that we didn't like. Then, it was off shopping again. I did find a beautiful piece of art I liked. Now all I need is a toilet paper holder, towel holder, and some time to go shopping. Tomorrow won't work, cause I'm playing golf with Sheila and Marilyn. Maybe Wednesday. I won't play AT&T golf if I don't get more done on the bathroom before time to leave. I've only got one week to work on it, then Angie and the girls and I are off on vacation again, for two weeks. The girls want to go back to Colorado.


I called my step Dad, Frank, and we're going to his house in Canon City, Co., via New Mexico. We've been wanting some more green chili. Albuquerque is the place to get it. He won't be there the first week we arrive, but we're going to go there anyway. He'll join us the following week. I've been wanting a travel trailer, and I found one that I wanted. Bad news, my Expedition won't tow it. I was going to rent one, but we don't like the small units that my SUV will handle. Gary did fine me an Airstream for $45,000, and he thought I'd enjoy it, but I have already seen them. They're too small for the money. Now, I'm not sure I'm going to buy one. I hate to get a semi to haul the one Chloe and I found that we love.


Oh well, that will wait. I was going to close the trust fund Dad and I set up, but got too busy. As soon as I get back from vacation, I've got to disburse all the funds. That will be the final item I need to do to handle his estate. I started the process Friday, but got too busy shopping today to finish it up. I mean, I have to come up with name of people it's going to, and the amount. You can see why I couldn't get it done.


Stella, aka KUDO (that is what the g-kids call her because she's a killer dog), killed another armadillo today in the park. It made Gary nauseaus. It was a baby again. This is her third. I don't know why, but they are evidently too young to cover themselves completely when they burrow into the ground for the night. She digs them up and then plays "toss" with them and chews them til they quit fighting. Unlike anodes, she doesn't eat them. Matter of fact, she only eats anodes. You know, the ones that change colors, and have blue tails when they're babies. She won't eat the white ones that come out at night with the HUGE black eyes and almost a see-thru body. She also won't eat a skink. Now, she'll kill both, but won't eat them.


Anyway, I'm gonna call it a night. Here's your paraprosdokian for the day...


Nostalgia isn't what it used to be

No comments: