Friday, July 8, 2011

We're in the money...... not really

Wednesday, Sheila, Gary T and I met Carlos at the AT&T golf league. This week, we played Tennyson. We played 16 holes, we never have time to finish a full 9 holes before we have to start with the 9 hole evening league. At least it gives us a chance to warm up. I don't remember all the details, but Sheila was low gross score. Because Gary T has such a high handicap, if he plays half way decent, he'll win. Me? I'm the only NON-sandbagger in the league. Leave it at that.

I signed up to play golf with the FWGA ladies at Firewheel on Thursday, but woke up to realize that we were supposed to close on some lake front property that we own. It's on Table Rock Lake, in Reed Springs, which is a bedroom community outside Branson, Mo. The closing has been moved every month since like March because a tornado tour out our dock. Though it was insured, we had paid an additional $300 to enlarge it when it was replaced by the insurance company. We bought the 1 1/2 acre of land we own, which has 1 1/2 acre of Corp. property between us and the lake. Basically, it's a 3 acre lot, on a deep cove. The houses there run about 5-6,000 square feet, 4-5 car garages, etc. We pretty much tripled our investment in the past 15 years. Ours was one of, if not the last lake front lot still not built upon. We have never listed it for sale, but every couple of years, someone will call. The call this year got me to thinking, which is NEVER good. I finally convinced Gary to sell it. He really wasn't happy, just got tired of hearing me whine. I am good at something....

By the way, the people that bought the lot already have a lake house, but it's too large, and not waterfront. If you need a house, it's for sale for $1.5 Million dollars. Looks really nice from the photos. They work for AT&T and IBM, on work from homes. Lots of international travel. They live on the lake full time..... why I don't know. Anyway.... it's all in the past now.

Needless to say, I had to forget golf, and get papers notarized, etc. I had forgotten to get it done Tuesday. The closing was at 4pm on Thursday, and there was no way I could get the required paperwork there in time. I went ahead and got all the paperwork done, then faxed it to the Title Company, then FedEx'd it. They went ahead and closed with that info. They called me this morning to tell me "the check's in the mail".

Hence, Angie and I are going shopping. Honestly, it's not about THAT money. I have other money I've been planning on spending. Maybe she'll go with me to get a new mattress. I want a Temperpedic, but dang, the one I want costs $8,000. Now you know why I haven't bought it yet. I just can't see doing that. However, Angie justifies me getting it by saying it will last me the rest of my life. I'm not convinced though, cause as people get older they wet the bed, and themselves. Crap (literally), that'd be awful on foam. Hmmmmm

Today, we're going to look for travel trailers. I also need to get paint before I AGAIN lose the paint samples for my bedroom and guest bath. Angie is supposed to help me paint. I just need to find out whether she'll help me Sat or Sun. Mark, Sheila and Sue have asked me to golf on Saturday. Hopefully, Angie will let me know.

Damn, it's hot here in Dallas. Guess I'll close and get the car ready for shopping. Here's your
paraprosdokian and a video to go with it......
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.



No comments: