Friday, July 22, 2011

Getting Ready for Vacation

Wednesday, Sheila and I played in a tournament at Stone Creek. I took my camera, but didn't take any pictures, so I decided to post some of those I took the week before. Here is a cute one of Marilyn and Sheila. The bridge was actually an old railroad car. It was cool. I think it was on the 9th hole. Anyway, back to the tournament...


Sheila drove, so she arrived here at almost 7 a.m. sharp. We loaded up, and off we go, up HWY 75 North. Sheila had never driven in the HOV (motorcycles and 2 or more passengers in the car only.... high occupancy vehicle) lane, but she decided to go with it. There wasn't enough traffic to make any difference in the within drive time, but she was excited to get to try it. It doesn't take much to entertain a Canadian. 45 minutes later, we were there. We had breakfast, then off into the heat.


Sheila came with an 89, which was good enough to put her in the winners category. Not me, my 96 or whatever it was, kept me from winning squat. However, I was about to die, it was so hot. I did have a good cart partner, but still, it was awful. We had lunch after the tournament, and Sheila won a door prize, a Calla Lilly arrangement. It was alive, so she gave it to Gary. Not me, cause I'm going out of town for two weeks. I didn't tell her, but the tag says it's grown in Canada. Hmmmmmm



Marilyn T.


Sheila



My beautiful knees


First Hole, I think....


This weekend, I believe she and Mark are going to Ft. Worth to a music festival. They've decided to rent a room instead of driving back. Sounds good to me. I was supposed to leave for 2 week vacation tomorrow, but we've decided not to leave until Monday. Angie wants to go to work for a couple of hours, and to get her pay check. Her boss has been in Europe for the past 2 weeks, so she hasn't received a pay check. That will probably come in handy on vacation.


So far, she's booked us a few nights at Monarch, in Salido, Co. She called this evening, and she has also book Chloe, Morgan and me on a water rafting trip. OH GREAT! She did get me on a family trip. Hopefully, that means OLD PEOPLE.


Chloe went with me to the doctor this morning. I needed to get blood work done for my upcoming second round of injections. The doctor wants that right away, so I've made an appointment at LabCorp for Monday morning at 9am. If you have an appointment, they take you immediately. Cool, no waiting. Chloe then went to physical therapy for her torn Achilles tendon (sp?). They want her to wear high heels, so we also went shopping. After two hours of shopping, she had heels (very high wedges that are casual leather.... very cute) and a new tankini and cover up. She's in 7th heaven. Gary will be pissed, cause it was about $200, but of course, I won't tell him. He'll notice it on the bill. Once he finds out it's for the girls, he'll be ok with that. Well, that seems a bit expensive for a 12 year old, but whatever. We got them at Dillards, on sale, so I couldn't do too much better. That's part of her vacation money.


Nothing much else. I didn't post a paraprosdokian last time, so here's one....


Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman.








No comments: