Sunday, February 5, 2012

FAT, DUMB, AND HAPPY

My, what an exciting week.  I have spent most of the week reading "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" and "The Girl Who Played With Fire".  My eyes have gotten so bad, I read for 30 minutes, then have to stop to get my eyes to focus again.  Anyway, yesterday I celebrated finishing them by going to the library for the last book in that series.  The first two start out slow, but all of a sudden, you have to read the last half as quick as you can because you just have to know what happens.  I saw the movie with Sheila and Joyce, and hated the ending so I had to read the series.  Each one of them leaves you hanging.  I'll be so glad (I hope) to find out the ending to the saga.

I got a new mattress set delivered from Sears.  Yippee...., but wait.  Both box springs were damaged.  I've got a call in to Sears, but haven't heard from my contact.  But.... it does sleep better than the one I exchanged.  I also got a letter from the attorney generals office.  They don't do anything with my complaint, but they do forward it to Sears, and they track complaints by company to develop a pattern.  If it's severe, they take action.  Wow.... what a crock.  Thank goodness the BBB intervenes on each person's behalf.

Nothing else happened last week, until last night.  Sheila and Mark had us over for dinner.  Sheila made pork tenderloins with a raisin/apricot sauce that was really good.  Also spaghetti squash and baby potatoes.  All was very good.  Gary took over a bottle of rum, and I took wine.  I decided to be the designated driver so Gary could drink his rum without worrying about drivin.  We then played darts and pool.  I must admit.... Mark and I (we were partners) whipped the crap out of Sheila and Gary.  It got soooo old hearing them whine.  Of course, if you know me, you know how I'm a really humble winner.  Well, so much for that.  I was trounced on at pool  I did run the table once in "pool poker", but other than that, I didn't fare well.  It was only a dollar a round.  I had about 2/3 a bottle of wine, and several beers when all was said and done, so naturally, I was no longer the designated driver.  Gary drove me home.

Today, I "think" the grand kids have Gary's day planned, unless they forget.  Morgan picked out a movie for the two of them to go to, and Chloe is supposed to go to the gym with Gary to ride stationary bikes.  Me?  I'm gonna stay home and get ready for my weekend company.  I'm going to do a little cooking ahead of time.  Then, Angie is having a super bowl party, which Sheila is NOT doing this year,  I just hope Angie is having it at her house.  I didn't clarify that with her.  Anyway, we'll watch the game (maybe) with Angie and family.

Tomorrow morning, I take Stella in to get her teeth cleaned,  They will put her to sleep, and hopefully, they don't have to pull any.  It's about $200 for the basic cleaning.  UGH!  Later, and remember...

No comments: